10 Dating Anniversary Ideas
This list of 10 dating anniversary ideas is full of great ways for you and your spouse or partner to have a fun time out on your anniversary. This is an important day for you to spend time together, nurturing the relationship and getting some alone time. Impressing your wife or girlfriend with some of these great ideas will just strengthen her love and devotion to you.
- Relive your first date. It all started somewhere in your relationship, so to the best of your ability, relive that first date. Take her to the same restaurant, maybe rent the movie you went to see, and you can even dress as closely as possible to what you wore way back when. She’ll love reminiscing with this great anniversary idea.
- Anniversary themes. Each anniversary has its own theme—in fact, it has two: a “traditional” theme and a modern theme. This great idea for a dating anniversary has you structuring your special day around these themes. Your wife will appreciate your creativity from year-to-year.
- Go to a fine restaurant. This is a classic idea for an anniversary, and for good reason. Everyone likes fine dining, and it’s nice to open up the wallet once in a while and treat yourself to a great restaurant experience. Pick out one of the best restaurants in town and watch her smile when you tell her where you’re going that evening!
- That thing she’s always wanted to do. Has she always talked about doing something, like skydiving or fly fishing or going to a particular museum, but never actually taken the time to do it? If so, one idea for a great anniversary date is to make arrangements to do that thing on your special day. It will show her that you listen to her and want to make her desires come true.
- Do something quiet and peaceful. There’s a chance—especially if you now have kids—that your lives have gotten stressful, demanding and loud. A great dating anniversary idea is to do something very peaceful and quiet, like perhaps a trip to spa, that allows you both to get away from life’s hustle and bustle.
- Feel young again. If you’re both up for it, physically, try something that will take you back to being young again. On your anniversary, try ice skating, or take a trip to an amusement park, or perhaps just go swimming at a local water hole.
- Try out a new hobby. Arrange for a date doing something that you can turn into a hobby. Dance lessons or a cake decorating class are great ideas for anniversary dates, as they are things you can both do together and that you can turn into a hobby that you can both do together.
- Get outside. It can be a stress-relieving and invigorating experience to get outside, so schedule something fun to do outdoors. Perhaps you can go kayaking, hiking or walking through some beautiful scenery. Enjoying this time with your spouse will help you appreciate the little things about spending time with her.
- Amp up something you both love. Are you both big fans of a particular baseball team? Spring for really great tickets for a game. Big fans of a music group? Go to a concert. Are you both devotees of a certain television show? Try to see a taping.
- Cook for her. Women love men who cook, as it shows them that you’re in touch with your domestic and creative side. If you take the time to cook a special dinner for her, she’ll greatly appreciate it. And even if you can’t cook, she’ll like the effort you put forward. But if you really can’t cook, have a back-up plan—like pizza—ready.