10 Dating Conversation Tips
These 10 dating conversation tips will keep your date intrigued and wanting more but involves a little practice and skill. Everyone knows that getting the date is the easy part, but grasping and keeping your date interested is not as easy as it may seem. Imagine getting excited because you have a date with your crush. All of a sudden, the dinner table is quiet and your mind starts racing, thinking of what to say next to break the awkward silence. Then you finally blurt out, “I sleep with my baby blanket because I am afraid of peeing in the bed!” Before you realize it, your date is looking at you weirdly and leaves you. To avoid this happening in the future, practice these dating conversation tips that will prepare you better for your next date.
- Become someone else for the night. If you are a person that is normally fidgety, nervous or just plain annoying and you are aware of this, you should try to get out of your normal character for the night. Try saying the exact opposite you would normally say during a conversation.
- Relax and your date will follow. If you are able to relax on the date, the dating conversation will soon become more relaxed as well. Try not to become over-passionate about a conversation and try not to come off as unamused, too. This may send a signal to your date that you think the conversation is boring.
- Break the ice. Think of a fun icebreaker to get your date to think about something other than the date. Ask her a riddle and if it stumps her, help her come up with the answer. Do no more than two riddles on the date.
- Have a getting-to-know-you session. There is nothing like talking about you. Asking your date to talk about herself eases tension and perceives as you really wanting to know more about your date. Everyone likes to talk about herself and brag about her accomplishments.
- Scratch over-talking off your list. You should never talk over your date because she will perceive this as pushy behavior, which nobody likes. Allow your date to finish her sentences and acknowledge what she said.
- Talk about likes and dislikes. This innocent dating conversation tip allows both of you to see how compatible you are.
- Avoid the temptation of bringing yourself up. Only talk about you if your date asks about you. If your date does not ask about you, keep asking about your date. Soon your date will think about how they have not gotten to know you. Your date will begin to ask more questions naturally on her own.
- Get excited about what your date is saying. The right amount of excitement about what your date is saying sends the signal to your date that you are interested. Your date will want to tell you even more.
- Avoid talking about past relationships. Nobody likes to hear sob stories or how angry you were when your past relationship ended. This bad dating conversation move is a clear indication of baggage and resentment. Engaging in this conversation will certainly push your date away.
- Portray a sense of happiness. It is a known fact that people gravitate towards other people that are positive and happy. If you are smiling, enjoying your time, listening to your date, engaging in positive conversations and changing topics at the hint of a sad topic, your date will be happy, too. Your date will also most likely ask or agree to another date.