10 Dating Tips For Geeks
Because everyone needs them, here are ten dating tips for geeks. An understanding of the dating game doesn't come naturally for anyone. Even a natural ladies man can learn a thing or two about how the opposite sex operates. Everyone can improve. Everyone can be successful with the opposite sex if pointed in the right direction. Even the social outcasts, the geeks, can make significant social achievements if given the tools.
- You can't erect a building without a strong foundation. The most important dating tip you'll ever read is this one. You have to be comfortable with yourself. Before you even attempt to meet girls, you need to have a greater understanding of how you function socially. Are you outgoing or shy? Do you like being the center of attention, or are you laid back? Becoming comfortable with your disposition and accepting your qualities is the most important dating.
- Be yourself. Don't try to be like the next guy. If you're a geek, be a geek. Accepting yourself, means being yourself, which will be far more effective for you in the dating game than pretending to be someone you're not.
- Find your niche. What works for you may not work for him. You'll be more successful meeting women if your in a comfortable environment. So go where geeks go.
- If she doesn't like you, so what? Not everyone likes geeks. If she doesn't like you for who you are then you don't want her anyway.
- Get out of your own head. When you initially meet someone, instead of trying to plan out the conversation, actually listen to the girl so you can respond. This is a very important dating tip. How do you expect to get somewhere with someone if you're not paying attention to what they're saying?
Do more listening than talking. Talking too much is a fool proof way to get into trouble. Listening to her and actually caring what she says is a major turn on.
- Keep her interest. If she's talking to you it means she's got some sort of interest, so don't mess it up by trying to be too cool.
- Be different. Separate yourself from all other guys. Don't smother her in superficial compliments about her looks. Admire her for more than her looks, she already knows she's hot.
- Be suggestive, not a pervert. Letting her know you're physically attracted to her is fine. Don't let her think that's all you're interested in. Giving her a lingering look while talking about her stance on politics is a good example of what to do.
- Stay away from cliche dates. This is very important. Taking her to the movies on a first date is stupid for a number of reasons. First of all it's not a creative outing. Secondly you can't learn anything about her watching the big screen. Thirdly, you look like every other dude she's ever gone out with. Choose something that directly tugs at her interests. It'll show you're creative and it'll show you pay attention to her, both of which will give you about a million style points.