10 Diet Food Ideas
Looking for 10 diet food ideas that will help you lose weight? The old fallacy that starving yourself will result in weight lose has long since been refuted. When your daily calorie intake is too low, your body will in fact reduce its calorie burning in an effort to conserve energy. To lose weight you should eat diet foods rich in good fats, healthy energy content, and fiber. As a result, you’ll feel more energized and burn more calories while increasing your metabolism. Here are 10 diet food ideas to help your lose weight and gain muscle mass.
- Yogurt. In all its various forms, yogurt offers numerous diet food ideas. Mix yogurt with fruit for a healthy morning shake. Add yogurt to meat or fish sauces for a creamy, low fat texture. Eat sugar free, yogurt snacks between meals and sugar free yogurt ice cream for dessert.
- Nut butters. For diet food ideas with a rich, gourmet flavor, use nut butters to enhance your meat, chicken and seafood dishes. Use almond butter with non fat milk to create a creamy sauce, then add ginger, paprika, cardamom and soy sauce for an oriental aroma. Use peanut butter and soy sauce with ginger, red pepper and honey to create Thai noodle sauces.
- Unique oils. Add unique flavors to your diet food ideas with unusual, healthy oils. Use coconut oil for your desserts, low fat cookies and cakes. Use Flax seed oil to garnish tomatoes and salads. Use sunflower oil for cooking and sautéing.
- Nature’s candy. For delicious diet food alternatives to processed sugars, eat fiber rich fruits like apples and pears dipped in honey, organic sugar free jam or peanut butter.
- Bird food. Sunflower seeds, watermelon seeds, pumpkin and squash seeds are all delicious and excellent diet food ideas. Look for organic seeds at health stores and snack on the seeds between meals. Be sure to snap the seed shell open between your front teeth, then fish out the seed content. Eating seeds is time-consuming, giving your brain the ten minutes require to register that you are full despite eating very little.
- Salmon. Considered the perfect diet food, Salmon is rich in healthy polyunsatured fats and high in protein. Eating Salmon 6 days a week will make your skin glow and your hair shinny and healthy.
- Nuts. Nature’s greatest snack, nuts are the perfect diet food to keep you going between meals. Rich in monounsaturated fats, nuts are both filling and energizing. Eat walnuts for increased brain function, or almonds, pistachios and Brazil nuts for a high energy boost before exercising.
- Berries. The yummiest roughage around, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries are rich in fiber and flavor. Especially important in low fat diets, fiber rich fruits will increase bowl movements and keep you feeling light and active.
- Eggs. For a diet food idea rich in muscle building protein, consider eating egg whites only. Cook delicious egg white omelets with scallops, onions and mushrooms, and use low fat milk in place of oil.
- Beans. Rich in protein and good carbohydrates, beans offer a healthy diet food alternative to eating fish, meat or eggs. Look for organic canned beans for cooking soup or adding to salads. Make hummus with chick peas for a fiber rich spread, or make a chick peas salad with olive oil or sesame seed oil.