10 Diet Ideas
So, you need 10 diet ideas to keep you from quitting. Diets are never easy to maintain. This is because most people don’t give themselves enough space for flexibility within the diet. The reason most people quit on their diets is because, frankly, their diet ideas suck. They get stuck in a monotonous routine. If you want to salvage your diet plans, you need some good diet ideas to keep you on the horse. So, what makes one diet idea a good one and another idea a bad one. Simple. A good diet idea is something that’s easy to follow. Good diet ideas also prevent you from becoming bored. Here are ten good diet ideas.
- Food substitutes. Technology is amazing. Nowadays you can find healthier substitutes for the foods that got you fat in the first place. Some of these substitutes actually taste pretty good. Turkey bacon, for instance, tastes just as good as the regular stuff. Find good tasting healthy food alternatives.
- Stop eating out. Eating out just isn’t as healthy as cooking at home. Look up how to make some of your favorite restaurant dishes online. Remember to substitute the unhealthy elements with healthier substitutes.
- Cardio. Here’s a good diet idea. Incorporate a cardio routine before dinner. Take a 30 to 45 minute brisk walk before dinner. You actually burn more fat before you eat than after.
- Eat slower. Some people make the mistake of inhaling their meals. If you eat too fast, your brain hasn’t registered the food you’ve already shoved down your throat. The slower you eat the more time your body has to adjust. You’ll get full on smaller portions this way.
- Working out. Great dieting needs a great companion. Get your butt in a gym. The food you eat is the fuel you need for good work outs. You’re eating the right stuff, now you just need a physical outlet. Working out five to six days a week will definitely help that diet of yours.
- Don’t eat after 7:30 p.m. Your body has internal operations you may not be aware of. It begins to shut down after a certain time. This means that it becomes less and less efficient with bodily processes after a certain time. If you’re a 9 to 5er, your body begins to go into relax mode a few hours before bed, around 7, 7:30 p.m. So don’t eat after this point because your body’s ability to process the food begins to drop.
- If you do eat late… Make it a healthy snack. Grab some carrots or an apple. Stay away from sweets and sugary stuff. Yeah this includes the powdered sugar drinks.
- Drink more water. Sugary drinks will totally impede your diet process. Get rid of them. Even diet drinks are loaded with sugar. Stick to water. You’ll notice a difference quite quickly just from this small change in beverage preference.
- Spread your meals out. People normally eat three big meals a day. Try eating five or six smaller meals. Spread them out equally over the day. The smaller the meal, the easier it is for your body to process it. Especially if the meal’s a healthy one.
- Cheating. Here’s the best dieting idea of them all. If you’re working out five to seven days a week, and you’re following your diet to the letter, find one day a week to be a complete and utter pig. It’ll give you something to look forward to. Cheat, and only cheat if you spend the other six days doing what you need to do.