10 Diet Menu Ideas
Here are 10 diet menu ideas to help you stay on your new diet. There are hundreds of diets and hundreds of new fads, but diet comes down to some basic common sense. A basic healthy diet will help anyone lose weight, stay healthy and live longer than originally hoped for. These 10 diet menu ideas are suggestions only and you may substitute according to your likes and dislikes.
- Diet Menu Ideas for Day 1. Your breakfast menu is simple and so start with some yogurt and berries. For lunch have a large green salad topped with some cooked brown beans. For supper have 3 ounces of baked chicken with French style green beans.
- Diet Menu Ideas for Day 2. For Breakfast slice a bagel in half and toast. Add on a small amount of jam, such as strawberry. Also allow yourself a 6 ounce glass of freshly squeezed orange juice. For lunch have a turkey sandwich on a whole wheat roll topped with mustard, lettuce, tomato and green bell peppers. For supper have baked salmon and a small green salad.
- Diet Menu Ideas for Day 3. For breakfast have a bowl of oatmeal that has been cooked with cinnamon and 1 tablespoon of almonds. Top the oatmeal with honey. For lunch have a bowl of vegetable soup and one slice of whole wheat toast. For supper have a few slices of pot roast with potatoes and carrots.
- Diet Menu Ideas for Day 4. For breakfast have some cereal and bananas. Stay away from sugary cereals. A glass of orange juice is allowed also. For lunch have a big bowl of broccoli soup made with almond milk and one ounce of goat cheese. For supper have some fried rice and veggies using non-stick spray. Top with 3 ounces of baked fish.
- Diet Menu Ideas for Day 5. For breakfast have a banana smoothie with honey. Make the smoothie with low fat milk or almond milk. For lunch have a large green salad topped with pomegranate seeds and grapefruit slices. For supper have a large baked potato topped with broccoli and a low fat cheese.
- Diet Menu Ideas for Day 6. For breakfast have an omelet with 1 whole egg and 2 egg whites. Add in all the veggies you want and one ounce of low fat cheese. For lunch keep it light with a yogurt parfait: yogurt, fruit and granola alternated. For supper steam lots of veggies and have some ice tea with stevia.
- Diet Menu Ideas for Day 7. For breakfast have an egg burrito made with red peppers, tomatoes and green onions. Roll up in a thin whole wheat tortilla and place in a grill to crisp the outer edges. For lunch have some navy bean soup and a whole wheat baguette. Supper should be filling, so have some chicken nuggets baked in the oven along with some baked onion rings on the side.
- Diet Menu Ideas for Day 8. For breakfast have an English muffin topped with one scrambled egg and a few arugula leaves. For lunch have a bowl of minestrone soup. For supper have 3 ounces of baked fish and brown rice.
- Diet Menu Ideas for Day 9. For breakfast have a green smoothie of your choice. For lunch have whole wheat pasta with homemade tomato sauce. Top the pasta with some shredded mozzarella cheese and cucumbers all around the plate. For supper have some baked chicken served with some peas and carrots.
- Diet Menu Ideas for Day 10. For breakfast have 2 slices of French toast made with whole wheat bread and topped with honey. The batter is 1/2 glass of milk, 1 egg, 1 pack of stevia and a dash of cinnamon. For lunch have cottage cheese and fruit along with some rye and pumpkin crackers. For supper have a pita sandwich with 2 ounces of smoked chicken and veggies.