10 Diet Tips For Weight Loss
Follow 10 diet tips for weight loss to see the pounds start to melt away and your weight loss goals come true. Dieting sometimes seems difficult to people, but by following a few simple guidelines, you easily reach your weight loss goals in a healthy and safe manner. There are many tips and tricks suggested for weight loss by different people, but these diet tips will get you quickly moving in the right direction and motivate you to continue on your journey.
- Start at your doctor's office. Any list of diet tips for weight loss should start here. Get a physical and general check up before starting any weight loss program. Discuss your weight loss plan, get an accurate starting weight and learn about any health concerns or issues that need to be addressed.
- Choose a sensible meal plan. Many healthy diet plans exist today, but some are nutritionally questionable. Never follow meal plans with only one or two foods, are fewer than 1200 calories a day, or have other odd guidelines.
- Eat smaller portions. Achieve significant calorie reduction by simply choosing smaller portions of the same foods. Learn the proper serving size of your favorite foods and consider measuring your food for awhile to get a better idea of how one serving actually looks on your plate.
- Eat slowly. It takes your body approximately 20 minutes to register with your brain that you are no longer hungry. Slow down, chew well and stop eating when you are full.
- Record your calorie intake. Another of the most important diet tips for weight loss involves learning the precise number of calories you eat every day. Guessing or estimating ends with inaccurate results. Record every food you eat, the amount and the calories. This diet tip for weight loss gets you on track fast as you see the good and poor food choices, times or places that are harder for you and other details you may otherwise miss.
- Drink water. Work toward drinking eight 8-ounce glasses of water daily. This diet tip for weight loss fills your stomach and keeps you from confusing thirst and hunger signals. Try bottled or flavored water for variety.
- Limit your sugar intake. Sugar offers no nutritional benefit and whets the appetite for more. Stay on your diet and experience success by following this simple but important diet tip for weight loss.
- Substitute healthier choices. Instead of cutting out certain foods, try low-calorie, low-fat substitutes. Use plain yogurt in place of sour cream and swap out your whole fat milk for skim. Choose low-fat cuts of meat, reduced-calorie salad dressing and low-fat cheeses such as mozzarella.
- Get plenty of rest. Hormones related to stress and eating rise when you are fatigued. Get seven to eight hours of sleep per night for weight loss success.
- Include physical exercise in your plan. Follow a strength training program two to three times a week to maintain muscle mass. Regular aerobic exercise burns fat and increases the metabolism. This diet tip for weight loss should be worked up on slowly if you are not used to regular exercise. Start with 10 minutes every day or two, eventually exercising 30 to 60 minutes, four to six times a week.