10 Dieting Tips For Men
Want to know about 10 dieting tips for men that really work? There are so many fad diets and supplements out there, so how do you know what to do or what to take that will actually work? What types of foods should you purchase and which ones should you leave at the grocery store?
- Drink a lot of water. Water is nature's best way of flushing your system the natural way. You need to replenish your body's water supply to keep the whole system operating properly.
- Stay away from fast food. As much as it is easier to grab a burger with a supersized order of fries for lunch, the results of this eating habit will be detrimental to your health in the long run. You are stuffing your face with nothing but a bunch of saturated fats and fast-digesting carbs that will have you going back for the same nasty foods hours later.
- Look into vitamins. As men, our bodies sometimes need added support with supplements to help digest our food and curb our appetite in order to limit the serving size at your next meal. Some may even help to speed up your metabolism, which tends to slow down with age. Vitamins are key with the ten dieting tips for men.
- Eat six times a day. The world has grown accustomed to eating three meals a day--that is not a good practice. Your body gets used to waiting for those meals and then the binge eating begins. You eat more food than you should in those three sittings because of the prolonged period of time between meals. Instead, you should eat six smaller meals throughout the day. Who would have thought that one of the ten dieting tips for men would recommend you to eat more often?
- Drink a glass of water before you eat. If you drink one tall glass of water before you sit down to your meal, it will help limit the amount of food you desire. The truth is that more times than not, the hunger pains we feel don't always have to be fulfilled by food.
- Don't forget to treat yourself. This doesn't mean go and grab a big piece of cake or pie. This means feel free to enjoy a sweet treat that is actually good for you. Try fruit, yogurt or cottage cheese. You can even eat dark chocolate guilt free. Dark chocolate has been proven to have dietary benefits if eaten in moderation.
- Eat foods that are high in protein. Protein helps to repair muscles after exercise and helps maintain muscle while losing weight. Such foods are beans, red meat, eggs and whey protein supplements.
- Don't forget the tea. Green tea has been proven to be beneficial in the pursuit of weight loss, so drink up.
- Stay away from simple sugars. A good rule is to stay away from anything that has more than five grams of sugar. Sugar is a big reason why fat is stored in unwanted places on the body.
- Eat dry, red peppers. The peppers that you see at pizza parlors can also spice up your metabolism. If you eat a teaspoon of red peppers before you eat, your metabolism will speed up.