10 Double Date Ideas
If you’re having a hard time thinking of what to do on a double date, here are 10 double date ideas to consider. Thinking of a fun double date idea that will impress not only your date but the other couple as well can be very difficult. Hopefully at least one of these ideas will catch your eye. If you like more than one or even all of these ideas, pick your favorite as the first date idea and use other ideas for future double dates.
- Take a trip to the beach. The four of you can take a swim, a walk, windsurf, boogie board or fly kites together. There are countless activities that the four of you can have a great time doing at the beach.
- Go for a hike. The four of you can have a relaxing double date enjoying each other as well as the beauty of nature. Its a great time to get to know one another, have deep conversations and share your common interests. It's also great exercise, so that’s a plus.
- See a concert. If the four of you have a similar taste in music, seeing a concert can make for a fun, exciting double date. It can also take the pressure off by reducing the need for small talk. There will definitely be no awkward silences. Together you can dance, mingle and sing along with the music.
- See a movie. This double date idea is more fun than it is adventurous. This idea is another great way to remove the pressure to talk. You can go out to a movie or pick someone’s house and the four of you can snuggle up on a couch or separate love seats. Don’t forget to bring snacks!
- Go out to dinner. You, your date and the other couple can get to know one another in a romantic setting. The dinner table is a perfect place to talk. Double dinner dates are classic—you can't go wrong with this idea.
- Go bowling. A bowling double date can be fun, and you can have a chance to let your competitive side come out a little. The good thing about bowling is that you don’t have to be good at it to have fun. So even if the four of you, one of you, or two or three of you have never played before or just aren’t that great at it, you will still have a blast together.
- Plan a camping trip. The four of you can huddle around a campfire and cook s’mores or roast hot dogs. If you are lucky enough to be near the ocean, you can take a romantic sunset walk on the beach. You can enjoy a hike or spend the day on the lake. It doesn’t matter where you camp, there will be plenty for the four of you to do.
- Take a class together. If you and the other couple share a common interest, such as photography, pottery, painting or anything else, taking a class together can be a fun double date. The four of you will really have a great time, all while learning something new!
- Rent a paddle boat and take a trip around the lake. You can take one big paddle boat or two separate ones for each couple. This is a fun idea that will get you outside and enjoying the sun and fresh air.
- Go to an amusement park. You and the other couple can have a fun, excitement-filled day riding roller coasters, playing games, watching shows and enjoying food. There is never a shortage of fun things the four of you can do. Maybe buy some souvenirs, that way the four of you will never forget the fun you had on your double date!