Here are 10 easy exercise ideas that can be done in the comfort of your own home that cost little money if any. You can work alone or get a group of friends together. Either way, it is important that you take the time to exercise and get your blood flowing.
- Walking is an easy exercise idea that anyone can do. It doesn't require any type of equipment and doesn't cost any money. Just throw a pair of comfortable shoes on and head out the door.
- Swimming is an easy exercise if you have access to a pool. If you live near a beach, you can also swim there, provided that you are careful about your surroundings. Just jump in and start swimming. Much like walking, this is an easy exercise idea because it doesn't cost any money, it can be done alone or with friends and you can go anytime.
- Situps are an easy exercise idea that can be done in the comfort of your own home. Set a goal for the amount you would like to complete and go for it. Each day or each week, try to increase that number. Lay on your back and try to lift up your shoulders and torso towards your bent knees. Make sure that you aren't straining your neck.
- Pushups, much like situps can be done in your home and you determine the amount that you want to complete. Lay down on your stomach. Lift your body up with your arms, attempting the keep your body rigid and straight. You can do as few or as many as you want.
- For jumping rope, all you need is the rope and a little bit of energy. Take one end in each hand, swing it over your head and jump so that the rope goes under your feet and repeat. While this is an easy exercise idea, you can give it a little more difficulty by jumping more quickly, backwards, or even alternating feet while you jump.
- Lifting weights doesn't seem like it would be an easy exercise idea, but it can be if you just find things around the house. You don't need a home gym or even an expensive set of weights. Look for cans out of the pantry, and use them as part of your workout. You can also use resistance bands which cost a lot less, but can provide the same results.
- Dancing is another great way to get in a workout. You can go out with friends and spend the evening on the dance floor or come home, turn up the music and have a great time. This keeps your body in a state of movement and burns calories. This is an easy exercise idea because anyone can do it, you choose your own music, and you can have fun, all at the same time.
- Jumping jacks are an easy exercise that can be done anywhere. You can do as may or as few as you want and you can do them as fast or as slow as you want. This is the type of exercise idea that can be customized to you. Begin standing with your hands by your side and feet together. At the same time, jump and put your feet shoulders length apart and lift your hands from your sides to above your head.
- Lunges are an easy exercise that can be done at home or added into your current walk to burn a few extra calories. The goal is to bend the knee and almost tough it to the ground with the other leg extended forward. You want to try and maintain balance while performing a lunge. These can be done in place or while you walk.
- Finally, bike riding is another easy exercise idea. You can ride a bike down the street and back or ride a stationary bike at the gym or at home. You control the pace, length of time and distance that you choose to ride. Much like walking, you can do this alone or with a friend.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.