Check out this list of the top 10 easy songs to play on guitar. Just because you’re a beginner guitar player, doesn’t mean you can’t lead a campfire sing-a-long.
- "A Horse with No Name" by America- This song is great for baritones, and it’s one of the easiest songs to learn for beginning guitar players. There are only two chords!
- "Feeling Alright" by Dave Mason (Traffic)- This is another song with only two chords, and the tempo is pretty slow. The best part is, it’s fun to sing!
"Knocking on Heaven’s Door" by Bob Dylan- This song is a little fast, but you can slow down the tempo if you want. "Knocking on Heaven’s Door" was included in Rolling Stone’s 500 Greatest Songs of All Time.
- "Three Marlenas" by The Wallflowers- The Wallflowers always add some alternative-rock flavor with amazing lyrics. This moderate-tempo song is played in the key of Eb Major.
- "Redemption Song" by Bob Marley- When you think of Bob Marley, you probably think of the Redemption Song. He originally recorded it with solo vocals and a single acoustic guitar.
- "Good Riddance (Time of your Life)" by Green Day- This Green Day hit includes a good mix of D, C, and G chords. The interlude may be tricky, but you’ll be too busy singing to notice.
- "Free Fallin’" by Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers- This is a fun song to play on the guitar, because it was originally played with three acoustic guitars. If you have two guitar-playing friends, try it out; but if not, you can still make it work. Just be careful of the strumming- verse one is slow, while verse two is fast.
"The Scientist" by Coldplay- This song is relatively simple to play on guitar, but it’s just as fun to sing in a group. Have the lyrics handy so your friends don’t have to invent the words.
- "Sounds of Silence" by Simon & Garfunkel- A guitar sing-a-long wouldn’t be complete without Simon and Garfunkel. "Sounds of Silence" is their easiest song to play on acoustic guitar.
- "Take It Easy" by The Eagles- This classic song was the band’s debut hit; it was included in The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame’s 500 Songs that Shaped Rock and Roll. It’s pretty easy to play on the guitar because of its slow tempo.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
13 Things to Look Forward to in Your 30s
You’ve probably been told that your 20s will be the best years of your life. As someone in their 30s, I can tell you honestly that nothing could be further from the truth. Here are ...
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
14 Things to Look Forward to in Your 40s
The door is wide open to say and do anything you want. Such as the following...