Check out this list of the top 10 easy songs to play on guitar. Just because you’re a beginner guitar player, doesn’t mean you can’t lead a campfire sing-a-long.
- "A Horse with No Name" by America- This song is great for baritones, and it’s one of the easiest songs to learn for beginning guitar players. There are only two chords!
- "Feeling Alright" by Dave Mason (Traffic)- This is another song with only two chords, and the tempo is pretty slow. The best part is, it’s fun to sing!
"Knocking on Heaven’s Door" by Bob Dylan- This song is a little fast, but you can slow down the tempo if you want. "Knocking on Heaven’s Door" was included in Rolling Stone’s 500 Greatest Songs of All Time.
- "Three Marlenas" by The Wallflowers- The Wallflowers always add some alternative-rock flavor with amazing lyrics. This moderate-tempo song is played in the key of Eb Major.
- "Redemption Song" by Bob Marley- When you think of Bob Marley, you probably think of the Redemption Song. He originally recorded it with solo vocals and a single acoustic guitar.
- "Good Riddance (Time of your Life)" by Green Day- This Green Day hit includes a good mix of D, C, and G chords. The interlude may be tricky, but you’ll be too busy singing to notice.
- "Free Fallin’" by Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers- This is a fun song to play on the guitar, because it was originally played with three acoustic guitars. If you have two guitar-playing friends, try it out; but if not, you can still make it work. Just be careful of the strumming- verse one is slow, while verse two is fast.
"The Scientist" by Coldplay- This song is relatively simple to play on guitar, but it’s just as fun to sing in a group. Have the lyrics handy so your friends don’t have to invent the words.
- "Sounds of Silence" by Simon & Garfunkel- A guitar sing-a-long wouldn’t be complete without Simon and Garfunkel. "Sounds of Silence" is their easiest song to play on acoustic guitar.
- "Take It Easy" by The Eagles- This classic song was the band’s debut hit; it was included in The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame’s 500 Songs that Shaped Rock and Roll. It’s pretty easy to play on the guitar because of its slow tempo.