The top 10 empowering breakup songs will motivate you to burn a mix CD for an ex. Whether they cheated, lied or repeatedly kept breaking your heart, there is always a song out there. Put away the ice cream and Kleenex and listening to some music to lift your spirits. Here are the some empowering breakup songs to easy your mind.
- Gloria Gaynor "I Will Survive" – The ultimate empowering breakup song of all times. Everyone is always afraid of what will happen when they break up with someone. It’s not till you realize they were never any good for you in the first place. “Oh no go, walk out the door. Just turn around now, cause’ you’re not welcome anymore. Weren’t you the one who tried to hurt me with goodbyes. You think I’d crumble, you think I’d lay down and die.”
- Beyonce "Irreplaceable" – If there’s one thing about an empowering breakup song it is to make it perfectly clear that you don’t need them as much as they think you do. “I could have another you by tomorrow. So don’t you ever for a second get to thinking you’re irreplaceable.”
- En Vogue "My Lovin' (You're Never Gonna Get It)" – There will be that one relationship where there’s all talk but no action. Eventually the same story gets old. “Now you promise me the moon and stars. Save your breath, you won’t get very far. Gave you many chances to make a change. The only thing you changed was love to hate.”
- Kelly Clarkson "Since You've Been Gone" – An empowering breakup song about breaking things off with someone that never loved you. Love is suppose to be equal, not one sided. “Since you’ve been gone, I can breathe for the first time. I’m so moving on. Thanks to you, I finally get what I want. Since you’ve been gone.”
- Destiny's Child "Survivor" – Nothing is more unattractive than an arrogant lover. Some are here to make the best with you and some are here to simply break you. “Now that you’re out of my life I’m so much better. You thought that I’d be weak without you, but I’m stronger.”
- Usher "Let It Burn" – When things aren’t going so well and you start to fall out of love, the best thing to do it let them go. “I do, but you don’t think it’s best we go our separate ways. Tell me why I should stay in this relationship. When I’m hurting baby, I ain’t happy baby.”
- Christina Aguilera "Fighter" – An empowering breakup song about handling a victimizing ex. Sure they may have been the ones in the wrong but that’s not the story you’re hearing. “Before I realized your game. I heard you’re going around, playing the victim now. But don’t even begin feeling I’m the one to blame cause’ you dug your own grave.”
- Fiona Apple "Get Gone" – What drives the force of an empowering breakup song is realizing that the person you’re with isn’t worth your time. “Cause’ I do know what’s good for me. And I’ve done all I could for you. But you’re not benefiting and yet I’m sitting. Singing again, sing, sing again.”
- Eurhymtics "Sweet Dreams" – Breaking up is never easy and the first thing you start to imagine is what life would be like alone. Don’t get too hung up on the details, do what’s best for you. “Hold you head up, keep your head up, moving on.”
- Poe "Control" – It’s never easy to get out of an abusive relationship. Once you realize what’s going on all you can do is take control of the situation. “Surprised to find that I’m laughing. You thought that you’d find me in tears. You thought that I’d be climbing the walls. Like a tiny mosquito on the wall trembling in fear.”
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
Pro Wrestling Tales That Will Make You Feel Like Fighting
Don't get too riled up.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.