10 Essential Men's Fashions For Spring
Spring offers unique dressing opportunities, and the ten essential men's fashions for spring present a time to strut your stuff in style. Spring in most parts of the country can be warm or cool in the same week. If you live or go to school in the eastern states, spring might even have bouts with a snowstorm or two. In order to plan a spring wardrobe, spring clothing must be adaptable to the quirky spring weather. For folks who can't wait for summer, spring means wearing lighter clothing in colors that mentally prepare them for warm weather.
- Canvas shoes. While this shoe design is not the best for wearing during a freak spring snowstorm, canvas shoes are great for warmer days. One of the ten essential men's fashions for spring, some tennis shoe fans might argue that sneakers are the universal clothing go-to. Use dark canvas shoes for early spring and then swing into the lighter colors as the days get closer to summer.
- Dock shoes. Even if you're not a 1000 miles within a lake or ocean, dock shoes are a classic spring footwear choice. Mix light leather with heavy canvas for the perfect spring look. Navy and dark green are classic spring colors in the dock shoe category. Save the neon colored shoes for the summer months.
- Straw hat. The category of straw hats apply to large loosely-woven hats or the finest Panama weaves. Spring means sun and one of the essential men's fashions is a straw hat that suits your overall style and panache.
- Long-sleeved cotton shirt in a pastel. A soft cotton shirt, preferably with long sleeves, even if you don't really use the cuffs in a formal way, is a wardrobe must for spring men's fashion. While some pastel colors go in and out of men's fashion from year to year, some pastels remain classic. Pale yellow and a soft pink are always in style. Yellow is for men who might not feel comfortable with the pastel idea, and pink is for a guy who is confident in fashion. Soft green also works for most men.
- Chinos. Cotton chinos are another of the essential men's fashions for spring. Color here is purely up to the individual's taste and comfort zone, but most wardrobes can use a light beige, dark beige and a pale gray for spring. Jeans are always in fashion, but sighting chinos is a clear sign that spring has sprung.
- Patterned socks. Pastel pattern socks are another sign that spring is in the air. You can't have enough of these essential men's fashions during the spring. Cotton patterns with diamonds or geometric shapes work well with chinos and dock shoes.
- Canvas briefcase. Carry a leather briefcase all winter long, but spring is the time to break out a cloth bag. Darker green or blue are good choices choices to promote spring while at the same time avoiding any dirt damage from actually using the bag.
- Stylish umbrella. Pick up a sturdy umbrella for spring. This is one that integrates natural wood with a canvas cover. Plaid or bold stripes mean style, but neutral cottons also make a statement that means spring.
- Canvas raincoat. A spring raincoat is a men's essential go-to for spring dressing. A neutral, mid-beige color works well for rain or an occasional bit of snow mix. Add a zip-out lining to make the coat serviceable in the cooler spring weather.
- Stand-out sweats. Sweats are appropriate for any season, but spring sweats must be able to make a fashion stand without the cover of a large warm coat. A jacket and pants are in order and the two need not match, unless you're going for a retro look.