10 Exercises to Burn Belly Fat
Transform your belly with 10 exercises to burn belly fat that are fun, effective and better than sit-ups. These exercises will strengthen your core, build muscle and your abs, and tone your body in no time. Pair these exercises with a cardio workout and a healthy diet. Gradually increase repetitions to gain maximum results.
- Fly ups: Lie on your back with your feet flat on a wall, legs together. Lift your shoulders and grab your outer thighs. Hold for 30 seconds. Let go of your legs and hold for another 30 seconds. Repeat three more times.
- Pretzel: Sit on the floor and bend your right leg, bringing your foot across your body; bend your left leg so your foot is behind you. Try to lift your left knee off the floor ten times, then reverse your leg position and repeat.
- Knees in and out: Sit up at a 90 degree angle. Feet flat on floor, with toes flexed upwards, and arms stretched out in from of you. Quickly bring your knees to your chest, and back out again, without letting your feet touch the ground. Do not lay back, sit at angle and repeat five times.
- Hip raise: Lay flat on back, with feet flat on floor. Raise your hips off the floor and back down again. Do not let your hips touch the floor. Repeat ten times and relax.
- Leg lifts: Lay flat on the floor, and ask someone to stand in front of you. Keep both feet together, and slowly lift them off the floor. Let your partner push your feet back down, but do not let them touch the ground. Lift again, and repeat five times.
- The Side Crunch: Lie down on your left side, and put the palm of your left hand on your head. Your elbow should be pointing outwards. Slowly lift your head and shoulders off the ground. Lift your leg off the floor at the same time about twelve inches off the ground. Contract your muscles, and hold for ten seconds and then relax.
- Torso Twist: Ask someone to stand back to back with you. Use a ball or weight ball and twist your waist as you hand the ball back and forth from left to right. Repeat twenty times.
- Core Twist: Stand up and bring your arms together. Fists and elbows should be touching. Use your stomach muscles and twist from side to side ten times. Repeat.
- Exercise ball: Using a large exercise ball, lay your back on the ball with your feet placed firmly on the floor. Your lower back should be centered on top of the ball. Place your hands on either side of your head. Crunch your upper body forward and roll your shoulders towards your hips. Be sure to contract your abs at the top of the movement for a one-count. Slowly return to the starting position and repeat.
- Bicycle: Lie flat on the floor with your lower back pressed to the ground. Put your hands beside your head. Bring knees up to about 45- degree angle and slowly go through a bicycle pedal motion. Touch your left elbow to your right knee, then your right elbow to your left knee.
If you are experiencing any back pain, stop and make sure you are attempting the exercise correctly. Perform exercises slow and with control. It is very important to remember to breathe during exercises.