10 Exotic Travel Destinations
This vacation, instead of going to your normal locales, trying one of these ten exotic travel destinations can make any trip one of the most memorable vacations of your life. Whether it's Brazil or Athens, these exotic travel destinations are sure to astound.
- Lanai, Hawaii. If you're just starting off on exotic travel, staying within the country might be a good start; however, that doesn't mean you have to travel like every tourist. Lanai is one of the more secluded islands of Hawaii. It's peaceful, private, romantic, and a good start to any traveler.
- Athens, Greece. Greece is exotic in its own way: It's mysterious, ancient, and exciting. Whether you visit the Acropolis, The Island of Hydra, or just the local restaurants, Athens is sure to be an interesting, exciting travel destination.
- Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Rio is a lively, beautiful destination that is filled with things to do. You can party at night and relax on the beach during the day. The cuisine is amazing, the people are friendly, and the atmosphere is perfect for relaxation or fun. This exotic destination is a must for any traveler.
- Machu Picchu, Peru. An abandoned city in the mountains of Peru, Machu Picchu is mysterious, exotic, and striking. You can revel in the ancient mystery of the city itself while taking in the beautiful peaks of Peru. Machu Picchu is perfect for any history-lover, or any lover of exotic mountain scenery.
- Barcelona, Spain. Barcelona is known for its rich culture. Its architecture is breathtaking, even for those who hardly care about buildings. Barcelona's musical and artistic cultures are also always thriving, and the food will never bore you.
- Bali, Indonesia. Bali's tropical climate makes for a beautiful exotic getaway. A mix of tropical and East Asian culture, Bali is a perfect destination for someone who wants to try something new.
- Guilin, China. With steep mountains enclosing elegant rivers, Guilin will give you the perfect taste of Chinese scenery. This picturesque city is hauntingly beautiful, and every exotic traveler should see it sometime in their lives.
- Dublin, Ireland. By far the most traveled city in Ireland, Dublin is still sure to excite. With its scenery, history, and city life, Dublin is one of the most interesting cities to travel to in Europe.
- Varanasi, India. Varanasi, located on the Ganges, is a beautiful cultural center. One of the most important religious locales in India, as well as one of the most important in Indian philosophy, Varanasi is an exotic, historical wonder.
- Antananarivo, Madagascar. Madagascar is known for its tropical forests and strange wildlife. For any adventurous traveler, Madagascar is a staple in exotic travel. From taking in the beautiful forests to observing wildlife, Madagascar is a trip that won't soon be forgotten.