10 Expensive Sports Cars
There are various reasons why someone might want to purchase one of these 10 expensive sports cars. It could be to advertise their sense of style, status and speed. Or, mostly likely, it is because they have a whole pile of extra income to spread around. Even for those of us who can't afford these insane automobiles, finding out which sports cars are the most expensive still fulfills our curiosity. Well here they are, 10 of the most expensive sports cars available, from "cheapest" to the highest priced.
- Porsche Carrera GT, $440,000. This immaculate convertible is capable of hitting the speed limit in 3.9 seconds—well, only if the limit happens to be 60 miles an hour.
- Mercedes Benz SLR McLaren Roadster, $495,000. If you can't drive stick shift, then this Mercedes will fulfill your need for speed. It is the fastest automatic transmission automobile in the entire world.
- Koenigsegg CCX, $545,568. This Swedish metallic monster is currently the fourth fastest car on the planet, with a maximum speed of 245 miles per hour.
- Saleen S7 Twin Turbo, $555,000. This is the American entry into the supercar speed race, ranked third fastest in the world at 248 miles per hour.
- SSC Ultimate Aero, $654,400. In terms of sports cars that are street legal, this is the fastest, going from zero to 60 miles per hour in 2.7 seconds.
- Pagani Zonda C12 F, $667,321. This Italian sports car is the fifth fastest in the world, and is manufactured by a small, independent company.
- Ferrari Enzo, $670,000. Only 400 of these popular sports cars were made, so you will probably be buying yours at an upscale auto auction.
- McLaren F1, $970,000. At close to a million dollars, this sports car comes in as the second fastest out of the most expensive supercars on this list.
- Lamborghini Reventon, $1,600,000. The Reventon is definitely the most expensive Lamborghini ever built, and there were only twenty of them made.
- Bugatti Veyron, $1,700,000. And for an extra $100,000, you can find yourself inside the most expensive sports car around today, the Bugatti Veyron. Going from zero to 60 miles per hour in only 2.6 seconds, you could be getting pulled over by police before you even finish swallowing your first sip of coffee.