Use these 10 extreme mountain climbing tips to make sure your adventures are safe. Extreme mountain climbing carries risks, but you can make it safer by being prepared.
- Check the weather forecast and trail conditions before beginning any extreme mountain climbing trip. This will help you to pack wisely and plan your route.
- Write down your itinerary and route and give it to a family member or friend. If someone knows when you are expected to end the trip and the path you took then they can alert someone in the case of an emergency.
- Check all equipment to be sure it is in good working order. Your equipment can save your life so be sure it is reliable and the right fit for your trip.
- Never go mountain climbing solo. Working together while mountain climbing is safer. Also, if one of you is injured there is someone there to help.
- Get into shape. Be sure that you are in the good physical condition before the trip. Also, be prepared for the higher altitudes of mountain climbing.
- Keep hydrated and well fed. Be sure you bring water or have reliable sources of water along the trail. Also, bring high calorie energy dense food. Drinking water and eating on a regular basis when you are mountain climbing will keep you healthier.
- Wear sunglasses. Bring sunglasses that will protect your eyes and be sure they are secured with a strap so you don’t lose them.
- Wear the right clothing. Clothing rated for extreme weather and wearing layers will keep you warm and dry while mountain climbing.
- Bring tracking tools. Bring a cell phone with GPS but be prepared for a malfunction with a compass and map of your mountain climbing destination.
- Know your limitations. Work up to harder climbs by proving yourself on less extreme mountain climbing trips. Once you get to the higher peaks you’ll know you are not biting off more than you can chew.
To some people, being extreme is relaxing. Or maybe it just makes them feel alive-close brushes with death will do that ...
The first step to planning a road trip is deciding where to go. The most important step though is deciding how to get th ...
There are lots of ways to experience a ski resort. You can cruise the blues, challenge yourself on the blacks, hit the t ...