While the dialogue and shooting style may make the show seem authentic at times, there's nothing real about the ridiculous world of "Curb Your Enthusiasm," so 10 Facts About "Curb Your Enthusiasm" are hard to come by. In the words of creator Larry David, this is hopefully "pretty, pretty good."
- As Himself. As “Curb Your Enthusiasm” deals with the “real life” of "Seinfeld" creator Larry David, it features real-life actors playing themselves, such as Ted Danson, Mary Steenburgen, Ben Stiller, Richard Lewis and Rosie O’Donnell.
- Art Imitates Art. Season 7 reunited the entire cast of “Seinfeld” for a supposed reunion episode that Larry only agreed to so he could reunite with his wife Cheryl.
- Award-Winner. “Curb Your Enthusiasm” has won many awards since its inception. These include Emmy and Golden Globe awards, as well as awards from the Writers Guild of America, Directors Guild of America and American Film Institute.
- HBO Special. The show is based on a one-hour special titled “Larry David: Curb Your Enthusiasm" that aired in October 1999 and featured Larry approaching HBO executives about, appropriately enough, having his own one-hour special.
Location. “Curb Your Enthusiasm” is filmed in Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Beverly Hills and Culver City, California.
- Not "Seinfeld." Larry David titled the show “Curb Your Enthusiasm” partly to lower people’s expectations after the massive success of “Seinfeld.”
An Alibi. An episode of "Curb Your Enthusiasm" titled “Carpool Lane” helped clear a man of murder charges when footage showed he and his daughter attending a baseball game at the time of the murder.
- Upbeat Music. Larry David heard “Frolic” by Italian composer Luciano Michelini in a bank commercial and decided to use it in "Curb Your Enthusiasm" to counteract its cynical vibe.
Improvised. As opposed to “Seinfeld.” a good deal of the dialogue in “Curb your Enthusiasm” is improvised. There are no full scripts, just plot outlines.
- New Home. Larry’s house had to be moved to a new location in the second season after someone bought it.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
Do This Surprising Thing and Science Says Women Will Be All ...
No, it's not "buy a Ferrari."