10 Family Classic Movies
Watching 10 family classic movies with your children will create family memories that will last forever. The wonderful family classic movies from childhood will last a lifetime and be passed on to the next generation.
- "E.T. The Extra Terrestrial" This 1982 family classic, featuring a very young Drew Barrymore, is the tale of young boy who finds a stranded alien that he slowly lures to his bedroom with candy. A wonderfully heartwarming and enlightening tear fest for the entire family.
- "The Wizard of Oz" The classic 1939 fairy tale about Dorothy (Judy Garland) and her dog Toto who is propelled into the world of Oz by a tornado and her journey to return home. Spectacular cast, sets, script, and an all star cast. Judy Garland sings Over the Rainbow and more.
- "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory" Little Charlie Bucket finds the golden ticket that takes him on a tour of the incredible Willy Wonka’s Chocolate Factory and a lifetime supply of chocolate. A fun and heartwarming candy fest for the entire family.
- "Karate Kid" Classic 1984 coming of age story of a New Jersey boy who moves to California with his mother and falls victim to bullies in school until the Japanese maintenance man teaches him Karate. Great story about facing fear and courage. Stars Ralph Macchio, Pat Morita, and Elisabeth Shue.
- "Finding Nemo" Animated Disney film about Nemo, a sheltered clownfish from the Great Barrier Reef, who is captured by scuba divers, taken away, and ends up in a Dentist office aquarium. The story is the journey and obstacles his father faces in finding Nemo. Beautifully animated.
- "Hocus Pocus" A classic Halloween tale of three condemned witches who steal the life force of little Emily and transform her older brother, who tried to save her, into a talking black cat. Great set decoration and performances by Bette Midler, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Kathy Najimy as the three witches. The talking cat and the one eyed spellbook steal the movie.
- "Lady and the Tramp" Classic Walt Disney animated story about Lady, a pampered cocker spaniel, runs away from home to escape a cruel visiting aunt who muzzles her. Tramp, a wise street mutt helps Lady get the muzzle off and the adventure starts. Wonderful Disney animation, script, and voices will make this a classic for many more generations.
- "A Christmas Story" A classic Christmas story about Ralphie who wants an air rifle for Christmas but everyone tells him he will shoot his eye out. The daily life of children living in a snowy mid western town during the radio era makes this the most endearing of family classic Christmas movies. Darren McGavin is fantastic and the eccentric father.
- "The Parent Trap" Twins separated very young because of divorcing parents meet by chance at summer camp and decide to trade places to have a chance to meet their other parent. They devise a plan to reunite their parents. There are two versions of the Parent Trap starting in 1961 with Hayley mills as the twins and in 1998 with Lindsay Lohan as the twins. The 1961 version is the better film.
- "Fantasia" One of the most creative Walt Disney animated films featuring eight vignettes set to classical music. This classic has delighted children since 1940 with the pure fantasy of mops, animals, flowers and raindrop ballerinas dancing to the Nutcracker Suite, The Sorcerer’s Apprentice, the Rite of Spring, and more. A must see for all ages.
Posted on: Dec. 27, 2010