10 Famous '80s Actors
Checkout these ten famous '80s actors. Actors come and go, but these ten '80s actors were so well known that their star power has carried over into 2010 and beyond. Some of these famous '80s actors were apart of some of the most memorable movies from the 1980s. Other's were in questionable flicks, but those particular '80s stars had the general public in a spell. Regardless is their respective movie choices bombed, or they shined at the box office, there's one universal factor about all of these '80s actors. They stayed in the limelight. Take a look at these famous '80s actors.
- Michael J. Fox. This guy was the star in one of the biggest movie franchises during the 1980's. You guys have to remember the "Back to The Future" series. He plays a teenage time traveler stuck in any and every time other than his own. This movie franchise is such a classic that you can find them on DVD today at any electronics store.
- Val Kilmer. One of his most memorable roles was that of "Chris Knight" in the movie "Real Genius". He's made a living off of playing arrogant highly intelligent jerks. "Real Genius" was the first, and one of the best of these roles for him. As of 2010, Val Kilmer is still doing his thing.
- Vanity. Argue about her talent all you want. The truth of the matter is, that her ability to act meant absolutely nothing. Vanity was a drop dead knock out. She was in string crappy movies. So what? The bottom line is that she's still hot today, and every dude on the planet remembers and still wants this famous '80s actor.
- Appalonia. The movie that made her a household name was "Purple Rain". She played Prince's love interest in the flick. Just like her main competition, Vanity, it wasn't about Appalonia's acting ability. It was about how incredibly beautiful she was. Who knows if she's even done any more movies. One thing is for certain. She's the catalyst for puberty in a lot of this country's '80s babies.
- Arnold Swarzenegger. This guy is one of the biggest stars in the history of film. Truthfully, most of the movies he made during the 1980s were pure crap. Except, of course, for "Predator". But, it doesn't matter. He eventually graduated to some decent roles by the 1990s. He's still one of the most well known people in the world. Oh, and he managed to parlay a Governor's position out of his stardom.
- Kurt Russell. This guy needs no introduction. He was in so many hits in the 1980s you can't count them all. If you have to choose any Kurt Russell flick, however, go with "Big Trouble In Little China". It's classic.
- Bill Duke. Here's another guy that needs no introduction. "Predator", "Commando", "Action Jackson", the list goes on and on. If any flick needed a tall, imposing black man for a role. Bill Duke got it. He's a great actor and director that's still making a lot of noise in Hollywood.
- Danny Glover. This guy's probably one of the most versatile of the actors on this list. He could make you love him ("Lethal Weapon"), or you'd want to cut his freaking throat ("The Color Purple"). He became his character in the movies he starred in.
- Mel Gibson. The '80s heart throb. It didn't matter if he was escaping the "Thunderdome", or in a high speed chase with his buddy Danny Glover ("Lethal Weapon" series), The women loved him. This made him one of the most famous '80s actors ever.
- Bruce Willis. He's one of those dudes that you'd want to hang out with. His ability to relate to the male audience and be desired by women made him one of the greatest actors of all time, not just the '80s. He's still alive and kicking today. And the best part is, his movies are still top notch kick ass action flicks.