These 10 famous basketball coaches have made an impact on the game of basketball. Each of these 10 famous basketball coaches has had success during their careers and will always be remembered for their contributions.
- Red Auerbach: Red Auerbach has earned his place on the list of 10 famous basketball coaches. He had success coaching the Boston Celtics, ending his career with 938 wins and 9 NBA championships. He will always be remembered fondly by Boston fans.
- Phil Jackson: Phil Jackson has solidified his place on the list of 10 famous basketball coaches by being the only coach to win more championships than Red Auerbach. Jackson coached the Chicago Bulls during the Michael Jordan era and continued his coaching success when he took over the Los Angeles Lakers with Kobe Bryant.
- Pat Riley: Pat Riley is not only a sharply dressed coach, but one of the most successful. He has coached the Los Angeles Lakers, New York Knicks and Miami Heat, who he coached to the 2006 NBA Championship.
- Mike Krzyzewski: Mike Krzyzewski is best known for his ability to make the Duke men's basketball team a perennial powerhouse. He also coached the United States men's basketball team to a gold medal in the 2008 Summer Olympics. That kind of resumé easily earns Coach Krzyzewski a spot on the list of 10 famous basketball coaches.
- Bob Knight: Bob Knight is known as much for his fiery temper as his success as a basketball coach. It was his passion that drove his teams and earned him 902 Division 1 basketball victories, the most of any coach.
- Don Nelson: Don Nelson is the head coach of the Golden State Warriors and earns a spot on the 10 famous basketball coaches list due to his innovation. He pioneered the point forward position, where a larger player who has ball handling skills brings the ball upcourt rather than the smaller traditional point guard.
- Rick Pitino: Rick Pitino has led Providence, Kentucky, and Lousville to the Final Four in the NCAA basketball tournament. He is the only men's coach who has brought three separate schools to the Final Four. He is also well known as a motivational speaker, along with a successful basketball coach.
- Jerry Sloan: Jerry Sloan has been the coach for the Utah Jazz since 1988. He is also the only NBA coach to record 1000 wins with the same team. Jerry Sloan is one of the most respected coaches in the NBA, despite the fact he has never won the Coach of the Year Award.
- Lenny Wilkens: Lenny Wilkens is in the NBA Hall of Fame as not only a coach, but a player as well. Wilkens is also the only person to be named to both the NBA's 50 greatest players and 10 best coaches lists. Wilkens also retired with both the most career wins and career losses in NBA history, with 1,332 wins and 1,155 losses.
- Pat Summit: Pat Summit is the lone women's basketball coach to make the list of 10 famous basketball coaches. She has won 8 National Championships coaching the Tennessee Lady Vols and has the most wins of any NCAA basketball coach with 1022 wins.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.