These 10 famous businessmen in entertainment shaped its industry due to shrewdness, hard work and the ability to remain on top of their game. Here is a list of famous men, who roll high in money, past and present.
- Simon Cowell. Known for brashness and ripping contestant’s a new one, America's most hated and loved former "American Idol" judge Simon Cowell offers more than an opinion. He is one of the 10 famous businessmen in entertainment is an executive producer of several reality TV shows and creator of NBC's America's Got Talent.
- Walt Disney. This famous businessman's name speaks for itself and is the most recognized man known for the one of the greatest amusement parks, Disneyland. Before his Disney empire in the 1950's, he went into animation in the 1920's then a decade later opened Disney Studios. Disney became the king of animated movies with hits "Snow White," "Dumbo," "Pinocchio" and "Alice and Wonderland."
- Jay-Z. Rapper turned business Shawn Carter co-founded Roc-A-Fella Records in 1996. Three years later he created Rocawear clothing line, streetwear for young urban men and women which still booming until this day. He is also an investor in Carol Daughters a line of beauty products for women.
- Sean Combs. Like a few of other hip-hop entrepreneurs, Sean "Diddy" Combs founded Sean Jean clothing in 1998, rivaling Jay-Z's Rocawear clothing. In 2008, Combs created Sean Johns fragrance "I am King." The entrepreneur also established a club, "Justins," named after his son, and creator of NBA's Dallas Mavericks alternate jersey.
- Hugh Hefner. Businessman Hugh Hefner reshaped conservative 1950's introducing Playboy magazine which featured its first cover girl, actress Marilyn Monroe. Since then Hefner's Playboy enterprises boomed significantly with subscribers while some of his Playmates enjoy successes of their own.
- Vince McMahon. At the age of 12, Vince McMahon inspired to make it in the wrestling industry due to his father, Vince McMahon Sr. company, Capitol Wrestling Corporation. By the early 1970's he and his father, pushed wrestling into TV syndication and by the 1980's, the sports entertainment show became a national craze and introduced famed wrestlers, Hulk Hogan, Mr. T, and other famous alums, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
- Russell Simmons. Before many hip-hop artists ventured into business deals, hip-hop mogul Russell Simmons was one of the first, co-owning record label, Def Jam, founded in 1984. The label produced some of the best artists, namely LL Cool J, the Beastie Boys and Public Enemy. By 1992, Simmons extended his company, creating Def Comedy Jam, a cable television show with stand up comedians, few became famously known in later years and Phat Farm clothing the same year.
- Quincy Jones. The man responsible for the popular "Austin Powers" theme, Quincy Jones earns his right as one of the best businessmen in entertainment. In the 1960's, he composed music, notably for jazz legend Count Basie and worked with the late great Michael Jackson on his albums, "Off the Wall," "Thriller," and "Bad." By the early 90's, he created Quincy Jones Entertainment, a multimedia company and created hit TV shows, "The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air" and comedy sketch show, "MAD TV."
- Steven Spielberg. One of the best directors and producers in Hollywood with countless top-rated movies on his resume, Spielberg was one-third creator of the film studio, DreamWorks Pictures in 1994. The movie studio came out with classic movies, "American Beauty," "Gladiator," "Shrek," and "Saving Private Ryan."
- Tyler Perry. Who knew playing a wisecracking old lady would make Perry an instant hit with countless fans and popular movies surrounding the character? Certainly Tyler Perry himself. Perry has his own entertainment company, Tyler Perry Studios and created a slew of films, generated from some of his plays. He also was executive producer for TV's "House of Payne" and "Meet the Browns" and an author of a best selling book in 2006.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.