10 Famous Cowboy Quotes
Here are 10 famous cowboy quotes. There are few things considered more American then the cowboy. Apple pie. Being American maybe. Cowboys are a dream for most of us and some of the best quotes out there come from men and women who prided themselves on being cowboys and cowgirls.
- A man’s got to have a code, a creed to live by. John Wayne - Never has there been a greater actor to portray the cowboy. John Wayne has provided dozens of famous cowboy quotes but this one stands alone. It’s something to live by in a time when most people don’t anymore.
- Talk low, talk slow, and don’t talk too much. John Wayne - Rumor has it this famous cowboy quote was acting advice from Wayne to Michael Caine.
- If you get thrown from a horse, you have to get up and get back on, unless you landed on a cactus; then you have to roll around and scream in pain. Anonymous - Cowboys have a great way of understating things and this famous cowboy quote is proof of that.
- Timing has a lot to do with the outcome of a rain dance. Anonymous - Ah, this famous cowboy quote dispels any remaining myth about the rain dance, at least in cowboy wisdom.
- Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction. Anonymous - Another famous cowboy quote that’s just plain common sense.
- Don't squat with your spurs on. Anonymous - Duh, common sense again and this one hurts when you forget. Most people don’t forget this famous cowboy quote twice.
- Speak your mind, but ride a fast horse. Anonymous - There have been dozens of variations on this famous cowboy quote, it itself may be a variation of something else, but it’s still worth mentioning.
- Careful as a naked man climbin’ a barbed wire fence. Cowboy Proverb - This can either be a funny image or a damaging one depending on who you are, but it’s another famous cowboy quote hat proves cowboys are very, very wise.
- Always drink upstream from the herd. Anonymous - This kinda goes with don’t piss into the wind. Common sense in any language or world.
- Never ask a barber if you need a haircut. Anonymous - Never ask the sales women if she thinks you’ve got enough. Never ask your mother if she approves of your girlfriend. Common sense in the most simplistic form, a famous cowboy quote.