Here are 10 famous cowboy quotes. There are few things considered more American then the cowboy. Apple pie. Being American maybe. Cowboys are a dream for most of us and some of the best quotes out there come from men and women who prided themselves on being cowboys and cowgirls.
- A man’s got to have a code, a creed to live by. John Wayne – Never has there been a greater actor to portray the cowboy. John Wayne has provided dozens of famous cowboy quotes but this one stands alone. It’s something to live by in a time when most people don’t anymore.
- Talk low, talk slow, and don’t talk too much. John Wayne – Rumor has it this famous cowboy quote was acting advice from Wayne to Michael Caine.
- If you get thrown from a horse, you have to get up and get back on, unless you landed on a cactus; then you have to roll around and scream in pain. Anonymous – Cowboys have a great way of understating things and this famous cowboy quote is proof of that.
- Timing has a lot to do with the outcome of a rain dance. Anonymous – Ah, this famous cowboy quote dispels any remaining myth about the rain dance, at least in cowboy wisdom.
- Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction. Anonymous – Another famous cowboy quote that’s just plain common sense.
- Don't squat with your spurs on. Anonymous – Duh, common sense again and this one hurts when you forget. Most people don’t forget this famous cowboy quote twice.
- Speak your mind, but ride a fast horse. Anonymous – There have been dozens of variations on this famous cowboy quote, it itself may be a variation of something else, but it’s still worth mentioning.
- Careful as a naked man climbin’ a barbed wire fence. Cowboy Proverb – This can either be a funny image or a damaging one depending on who you are, but it’s another famous cowboy quote hat proves cowboys are very, very wise.
- Always drink upstream from the herd. Anonymous – This kinda goes with don’t piss into the wind. Common sense in any language or world.
- Never ask a barber if you need a haircut. Anonymous – Never ask the sales women if she thinks you’ve got enough. Never ask your mother if she approves of your girlfriend. Common sense in the most simplistic form, a famous cowboy quote.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
What Your Shoes Tell Her About You
How footwear can kick-start your dating game—or kick dirt on your grave.