Fans of the TV show "Dexter" might recognize these 10 famous "Dexter" quotes. "Dexter" is an American TV show that premiered on Showtime on October 1, 2006. The show started its fifth season on September 26, 2010, and some of the reruns run on CBS. The show is about a blood spatter-pattern analyst, Dexter Morgan (Michael C. Hall), whose hobby is being a serial killer.
- “I don't blame my foster parents for that. Harry and Doris Morgan did a wonderful job raising me. But, they're both dead now. I didn't kill them. Honest.” Dexter Morgan (Michael C. Hall) Dexter said this at the beginning of the pilot episode. It helped set the tone for the series.
- "It was me. The idea of a code is one thing. A grand idea. A noble cause. But the reality of it… Harry walked in on what he created and couldn't live with himself." Dexter Morgan (Michael C. Hall) This quote is from season two episode 10, “There’s Something About Harry”. In this episode Dexter learns that his foster farther might have committed suicide and that learning what impact his teachings had on his foster son might have played a part in it.
- “Blood. Sometimes it sets my teeth on edge, other times it helps me control the chaos.” Dexter Morgan (Michael C. Hall) This quote is another jaw dropper from the pilot episode. The first episode was littered with great one-liners like this one, which makes it easy to see why the show got such a following so quickly.
- "If I wanna be around for my son have to do this right. I'm killing for two now."Dexter Morgan (Michael C. Hall) This quote is from season four episode one, “Living the Dream.” It was a great plot twist when Dexter’s girlfriend becomes pregnant. The fact that Dexter is going to be there for his son and still continue his killings adds a very chilling layer to the show.
- “Harry was a great cop here in Miami. He taught me how to think like one; he taught me how to cover my tracks. I'm a very neat monster.” Dexter Morgan (Michael C. Hall) This quote is another one from the first episode. It’s a dark and powerful introduction to who Dexter is.
- "My mother was murdered before my eyes. Makes sense I choose a life where I search for meaning in blood when the sole memory I have of her is being covered in it. I need to know more details." Dexter Morgan (Michael C. Hall) This quote is from season one episode eleven, “Truth be told.” Through this quote, the audience gets a glimpse of Dexter’s past. It’s also a very shocking and blunt statement.
- "Sorry, Rita, but right now I need this more than a big yard and a two car garage." Dexter Morgan (Michael C. Hall) This quote is from season three episode five, “Turning Biminese.” Dexter is talking to himself about killing. It helps viewers really see how much killing is an addiction for Dexter.
- "This is ridiculous. I could be killing him right now." Dexter Morgan (Michael C. Hall) This quote is from season one episode eight, “Shrink Wrap,” and is Dexter talking to himself about his victim. Throughout the show, Dexter has a lot of inner monologue that is spoken out loud. This helps the audience to see his true nature.
- "I shouldn't even be here. Rita will be devastated if I'm arrested. Her husband was a crack head and her boyfriend's a serial killer. It's kind of hard not to take that personally." Dexter Morgan (Michael C. Hall) This quote is from season one episode six, “Return to Sender.” Rita is Dexter’s girlfriend on the show, and she doesn’t know about his double life as a serial killer. This quote helps give insight into how and if Dexter really does care about Rita.
- "There are no secrets in life: just hidden truths that lie beneath the surface." Dexter Morgan (Michael C. Hall) This quote is from season one episode two, “Crocodile.” Dexter says this while he is in his bathtub.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.
The Gentleman’s Guide to Tattoos
These tips from our resident expert will serve you well in the chair.