These 10 famous female rock stars have all worked very hard to earn their place in music history. In the rock and roll world, there are many men considered rock stars. Women, on the other hand, are a little fewer and farther between.
- Joan Jett. This female rocker was part of the rockband, Joan Jett and the Blackhearts. She is best known for the famous song, "I Love Rock 'n' Roll," made famous in the year 1981. She has often been referred to as the, "Queen of Rock and Roll."
- Pat Benetar. Pat Benetar became hugely popular in the '80's and has become one of the most famous female rock stars ever. Her third single, "Heartbreaker," was her big break. She also sang many other famous songs including, "We Belong," and, "Hit me with your Best Shot."
- Lita Ford. Lita started her rock-star career with a band called the Runaways, which Joan Jett was also part of. She changed her career by going solo after that. Ford is a lead guitar playing rock star who had many hits including, "Kiss me Deadly."
- Cher. Cher has been around for decades starting her career with her former husband, the late Sonny Bono. Her career started back in the '60's and she's been singing ever since.
- Janis Joplin. Joplin is a legendary woman of rock who died of a heroin overdose in 1970. She was an American singer songwriter born in Texas. She toured throughout the '60's and had many famous songs including, "Piece of my Heart."
- Stevie Nicks. Stevie Nicks was made famous mainly through her career in the band, Fleetwood Mac. She sang with them during the mid '70's and had many famous songs including, "Rhiannon" and "Landslide."
- Tina Turner. Her career in music has spanned over 50 years, making her one of the most famous female rock stars of all time.
- Ann Wilson. Ann Wilson is the lead singer of the band, Heart. Her voice is unmistaken and has unbelievable depth to it. She began her career around 1970 and is still touring now. She plays guitar and has song many famous songs including the ballad, "Alone."
- Pink. One of the famous current female rock stars is Pink, who made her debut solo career in 2000. She's had many famous hits including, "U + Ur Hand."
- Patty Smyth. Smyth was made famous from the band Scandalin the early '80's. She was a guitar player with many famous songs including, "Sometimes Love Just Ain't Enough" and "Goodbye to You."
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …