If you don't know about female runners, learn about ten famous female runners. These ten famous female runners are names everyone should know. These women are world class runners, olympians, and record holders. Learn about ten famous female runners:
- Paula Radcliffe. Paula Radcliffe holds numerous world records. Paula Radcliffe holds the World Record for the marathon with a time of 2:15:25. Radcliffe set this World Record in the London Marathon in 2003. Paula Radcliffe hold other records including the UK Women's record in the 3000 meters, the Women's world road 10k record, and the women's half-marathon world record.
- Kara Goucher. Kara Gourcher became a famous female runner after winning the 1500 meters at the Olympic trials in 2008. Goucher joined Team USA and has since been the first U.S. female to cross the finish line at the 2009 World Marathon Cup. Goucher has a Marathon in 2:25:23.
- Lornah Kiplagat. Lornah Kiplagat is a famous female runner in the United States and in Africa. Kiplagat runs the High Altitude Training Camp in Iten, Kenya where journalists and athletes can live and run amongst world-class Kenyan runners.
- Catherine Ndereba. Catherine Ndereba is a famous female runner who has won the prestigious Boston Marathon four times. Before Radcliffe took over the women's world record for the marathon in 2002, Ndereba previously held the World title with a personal best of 2:18:47 Ndereba also has two Silver Medals in the marathon from the 2008 and the 2004 Olympic Games.
- Magdalena Lewy Boulet. Boulet ranked was ranked number one by Track and Field News in the USA women's marathon in 2010. Boulet has a personal best of 2:30:19 in the marathon. Boulet runs for Saucony and GU Gel. Boulet is also a track and field coach at UC Berkeley.
- Shalane Flanagan. Flanagan has been a famous female runner since 2002 when she was NCAA champion in Cross Country. Flanagan has since had numerous accomplishments including breaking the women's record in the 10,000 meters. Flanagan broke the women's record with a time of 30:34.49 at the Payton Jordan Invitational. She was also ranked number one in the United States in 2010 in the 5000 meters with a time of 14:49.
- Lolo Jones. Jones is a famous female runner in the 100 meter hurdles. Jones ran 12.29 in the hundred meter hurdles in the 2008 Olympics trials for a first place finish. Jones has two World Indoor titles in the 100 meter hurdles from 2008 and 2010. Jones is also a single parent who was named Visa Athlete of the year in 2008 for her humanitarian efforts by donating thousands of dollars to repair the track at her former High School and outfit the track team there.
- Anna Willard Pierce. Anna Willard Pierce is a famous middle distance runner. Pierce won the world track and field championships in the 1500 meters in 2010. Pierce has a Personal Best time of 3.59.38 in the 1500 meters. She also competes in the Steeplechase. In 2007, Pierce was the NCAA Outdoor Steeplechase champion with a time of 9.22.76 in 2009.
- Erin Donohue. Donohue is a famous female runner who competes in middle distance events. Donohue ran a 4:28 mile in 2010 and placed second in the Olympic trials in 2008. Donohue received second place in the World Outdoor Championships in the 1500 meters. Donohue ran a time of 4:13.87. Donohue also competes in the 800 meters and has a personal best of 2.01.12.
- Amy Yoder Begley. Begley is a famous female runner in the 10,000 meters. Begley won the Outdoor World Companionships in the 10,000 meters in 2009 and 2010. Begley also competes in the 3000 meters. In 2009 she was the USA Indoor Champion in the 3000 meters with a time of 8:53:27. Begley is also a Sports Nutritionist.
The Olympics bring out the best athletes from around the world. In cruder terms, that means lots of hot foreign babes pu ...
Adrian Colesberry, the author of How to Make Love to Adrian Colesberry, wants to make the world a better place by pointi ...
May 2, 2012, was hardly the first time multiple massive headlines have hit in the same 24-hour span. Whether random or r ...