10 Famous Kobe Bryant Quotes
It isn't hard to find 10 famous Kobe Bryant quotes. Bryant, who has been playing since 1996 in the National Basketball Association, is one of the best professional athletes of the modern day. Famous Kobe Bryant quotes usually center around his drive for success, talent, and ambitions. While many like to portray Kobe Bryant quotes, and him in general, as arrogant, the basketball player has been known to be gracious to fans showing their appreciation to him. Yet, we can't say that selflessness seems to apply off the court.
- "I don't want to be the next Michael Jordan, I only want to be Kobe Bryant." We hear ya. Many comparisons tend to group young Bryant into a bunch of up-and-coming NBA stars who could potentially revolutionize basketball in the same way as Michael Jordan. Unlike others, many Kobe Bryant quotes of his tend to center around his desire to be his own self, and revolutionize things in a way specifically characteristic of him, not MJ.
- "We win games when I score 40 points and we've won when I score 10. " He is right. Of all the controversial Kobe Bryant quotes, we think this one hits home the best. Bryant is just a player who scores for the team, not for his own franchise.
- "What I'm doing right now, I'm chasing perfection." Probably a great example of what people see in Kobe Bryant quotes oftentimes. It's not selfish, like many think, but merely Bryant's self-talk about how he wants to be "perfect"; and then again, how is that different from anyone else?
- "I said 'Man, look, I'm going to be that one-in-a-million.'" One of the best Kobe Bryant quotes. When he goes out there, Bryant gives it his all, and is determined to be that special someone in NBA history. How's that for positive self-talk?
- "These young guys are out there playing checkers. I'm out there playing chess." While many of the young, popular NBA stars out there today are playing simplistic basketball, Bryant's game is a bit more complicated. With his complex tactics, Kobe Bryant is still able to dominate games out there today no matter his age.
- "I'm not changing my game whatsoever." Don't fix it if it ain't broke don't fix it. Bryant's game is not "broke". Perhaps a great example of Kobe Bryant quotes focusing on his originality.
- "You always have to take every practice, every game, like it's your last." When it comes to sports, trying harder yields better results. Taking every practice and game like it was your last shot makes for great results.
- "I'll do whatever it takes to win games, whether it's sitting on a bench waving a towel, or hitting the game winning shot." That can-do attitude is what makes Kobe Bryant quotes so inspiring. You don't always have to be the superstar; heck, your team might even call up on you to do that game-winning point. Whatever it takes, do it for the team to win games, and be proactive.
- "As far as carrying the torch for years to come, I don't know. I just want to be the best basketball player I can be." Bryant has this strive for personal perfection that is so awe-inspiring it is hard to avoid in his quotations. Kobe Bryant quotes, especially like this one, are very useful for both inspiration and as a tool to fight against peer pressure. Don't let others tell you what to do, be the best you can be.
- "My parents are my backbone. Still are. They're the only group that will support you if you score zero or if you score forty." Family can be bad, but it is sad whenever good families go to waste. Many parents out there want to support their children, and will be behind them no matter what happens in their lives.
Yes, not all of the best Kobe Bryant quotes are the Lakers star blabbing about how good he is. Sure, Bryant can have moments where he is fringe, but the majority of the time Bryant speaks wisdom from learning the game. Whether it's basketball or life, hopefully these quotations have inspired some to do what's best for themselves.