Here are ten famous Long Island businessmen. Ever wonder who among the famous was either born or raised on Long Island? Here are ten of those people.
- Kenneth Cole. He is an American designer who was born in Brooklyn, NY and raised on Long Island. He started his own company in 1982 and went to Emory University for law.
- Tony Danza. He is an American actor best known for television series "Taxi" and "Who's the Boss." He lived in the community of Malverne on Long Island. He went to Malverne high school and graduated in 1969.
- Michael Frances "Mick" Foley Sr. Foley is an American actor, author, comedian, voice actor and professional wrestler who moved to Long Island, Setauket to be exact, shortly after birth.
- Jerome Allen "Jerry" Seinfeld. An American stand-up comedian, actor and writer who is best known for the comedy series "Seinfeld", he grew up in Massapequa, NY.
- The Baldwin Brothers. Alexander Rae "Alec" Baldwin III, Daniel Leroy Baldwin, Stephen Baldwin and William Joseph "Billy" Baldwin are all American actors who grew up in Massapequa, NY.
- James Todd Smith better known as LL Cool J. He is an American actor and rapper who was born and raised in Bay Shore, NY.
- William Edward "Billy" Crystal. This American actor, writer, producer, comedian and film director grew up in Long Beach, NY.
- James Loraine Dolan. He serves as a chairman of Cablevision Systems Corporation and Chairman of Madison Square Garden Institute. He and his wife reside in Long Island.
- William John "Billy" Donovan, Jr. He is an American college basketball coach and former player. He grew up in Rockville Centre in Long Island, NY. He is also currently the head coach of the Florida Gators' men's basketball team.
- Karl Anderson, Jr. better known as Michael Kors. Michael Kors, who was born and raised in Long Island, NY, is an American fashion designer.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.
The Gentleman’s Guide to Tattoos
These tips from our resident expert will serve you well in the chair.