10 Famous MMA Quotes
Yes, yes, 10 famous quotes of Mother Teresa might get you into the good graces of your friends on a Sunday morning, but 10 famous quotes of MMA fighters will make you a god on Saturday night. Although their brains might be known for being knocked around vs. sending clever quote neurons, there are some MMA quotes that border on sheer genius.
- In all their delicacy, MMA fighters make a name for themselves by beating people up. Very few people can put it as eloquently as Ken Shamrock, when he told Ortiz: “I will knock your hair black.”
- Tim Sylvia might be one of the oldest fighters, but don’t let that fool you—his brain is as sharp as ever. He exemplified this point when he famously said “Im the oldest I’ve ever been, right now.” Thank you Tim.
- “90 percent of the game is half mental.” We’re not laughing with you Tim Sylvia, we’re laughing at you.
- Although some fighters are easy to poke fun at, there are others that can strike fear into an opponent with a simple few words. I’m sure “Don’t fear me, fear the consequences” has sent a tinge of fear down the opponent’s spines of Pau Buentello.
- At the age of 22 when MMA fighter Rampage was asked where he sees himself in 3 years, he famously said “Well, I’m 22 right now, so in three years I see myself being 25.” Oh how right he was.
- Steroids have been the center of attention in many sports. I’m not pointing any fingers, but I will say one of the sports starts with “base” and ends with “ball.” What is steroid's role in MMA fighting? “I didn’t use steroids.” There's your answer as said by Sean Sherk.
- Everyone knows MMA fighters are tough, but few quotes have the bench press level of Japanese MMA fighter Enson Inoue’s quote saying “Blood is just red sweat.”
- To make the top 10 MMA fighter quotes, you need confidence, pure and simple. Robbie Lawler once said “I’ll be back in about three minutes” prior to walking into the ring; however, he wasn’t back in three minutes. He was back in 90 seconds.
- Quotes don’t have to be complicated. Just ask Greg “Ranger” Scott who can make a quote up in as little as two words, “Rip rules.” Scary.
- To finish off the list, there had to be a quote that transcended our world and ventured off into another world. When you mix religion and MMA, you have a fierce combination. The 10th and final MMA quote can be attributed to Joe Son, who was quoted as saying “I fight with the power of Jesus in my corner!”