When in France, try eating at one of these 10 famous Paris restaurants. France is known for it's exceptional cuisine, and Paris is at the heart of it all. From quaint bistros to fine dining, there is something tasty and unique for everybody.
- The Eiffel Tower. Located on the first floor of the Eiffel Tower, the 58 Tour Eiffel Restaurant offers amazing fare and fantastic views of Paris. Lunches at 58 Tour Eiffel are "Picnic Chic," where guests can choose the items to be put into a picnic basket-style container to eat from. Dinners are much more sophisticated at the Eiffel Tower. The head chef features typical French dishes such as roasted John Dory and duck breasts cooked with fruits and dolce forte sauce. The average dish costs about 60 Euro, which is roughly $92.
- Bizen. Located at 111 Rue Reaumur, this is one of the most popular dining and clubbing spots in Paris. There is a restaurant, lounge bar and private dining rooms for something more romantic. The bottom floor has a nightclub that features some of the most sought after DJs in Paris. The international cuisine is on average 30 Euro, equaling around $40.
- Chez Julien. Located at 1 Rue du Pont Louis-Phillipe in the historic district of Paris, this restaurant features great views of the city, especially from the dining terrace, which has views of the Seine. Chez Julien serves classic high-end French fare, on average at 90 Euro, which is around $121.
- Le Clarisse. Located at 29 Rue Surcouf near the Eiffel Tower, this restaurant opened in 2007 and is already a local and international favorite. The interior is warm and elegant and attracts a mostly cosmopolitan crowd. Many famous actors and actresses have been spotted here. The average price for the classic French cuisine is 47.50 Euro, close to $64.
- L'Oulette. Located at 15 Place Lachambeaudie, just behind the little church of Notre Dame de Bercy. They offer a gourmet, seasonal and a la carte menu. The average price per meal is 25 Euro, around $33.
- La Coupole. Located at 102 Boulevard du Montparnasse, this famous restaurant has hosted some of history's most influential people, such as Josephine Bake, Picasso and Hemingway. La Coupole serves French cafe cuisine for around 20 to 40 Euro, or $30 to $50.
- Le Deux Magots. This is a cafe and restaurant that also has a boutique for visitors. It is located at 6 Place Saint-German-de-Prez. The food is cafe fare, featuring salads, omlettes and sandwiches. The dinner is more formal and traditional French cuisine. The average price on the menu is about fifteen Euro, which is about $20. The dinner menu is on average about five dollars more. The name is not what it seems; literally translated it means "The Two Apes."
- Le Moulin de la Galette. Located at 83 Rue Lepic, this restaurant is rich in history in the Montmartre area. Bal du Moulin de la Gilette was painted here by Renoir. There is a beautiful outdoor garden dining area. The average meal can be anywhere from 20 to 50 Euro, or $27 to $67.
- Le Reveil Bastille. Located at 29 Boulevard Henri IV, this is a quaint bistro that offers traditional French cuisine. Le Reveil is an old pub that has been refitted and also has a beautiful outdoor dining area with great views of the city. The average meal is 25 Euro, without wine, which is $33.
- Ratatouille. This famous restaurant opened it's doors in 2007 and is located at 168 Rue Montmartre. They offer very high end dining and expensive fine wines. The building is two stories and offers many different dining options. The prices vary, but expect to spend more than normal to experience Ratatouille.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
10 Mind-Blowing Necktie Knots
“How many knots are there?” you ask. Dozens, at least, most of which will totally amaze you.
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…