Use them in your term papers or just to show off, here are ten famous politician quotes from the Founding Fathers to Eric Massa.
- "A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights of the other forty-nine," Thomas Jefferson.
- "You must not fight too often with one enemy or you will teach him all your art of war," Napoleon Bonaparte.
"By the skillful and sustained use of propaganda, one can make a people see even heaven as hell, or an extremely wretched life as paradise," Adolf Hitler.
- "People say, well, do you ever hear any other voices other than, like a few people? Of course I do," George W. Bush.
- "Yes I inhaled, that was the point," Barack Obama.
- "When I was in England I experimented with marijuana a time or two—and didn't like it—and didn't inhale and never tried inhaling again," Bill Clinton.
- "Hard-core pornography is hard to define, but I know it when I see it and the motion picture involved in this case is not that," Justice Potter Stewart.
"Too many doctors are going out of business. Too many OB-GYNs aren't able to practice their…their love with women all across this country," George W. Bush.
- "As Putin rears his head and comes into the air space of the United States of America, where–where do they go? It's Alaska. It's just right over the border," Sarah Palin, explaining why Alaska's proximity to Russia gives her foreign policy experience.
- "Not only did I grope him, I tickled him until he couldn't breathe and then five other guys jumped on top on me," Eric Massa, in response to a staffer's sexual-harassment accusations.