It's not hard to come up with a list of 10 famous politicians of 2009. In 2009, the first African-American was sworn in as the President of the U.S., and history was made. Usually when famous politicians are in the news, the circumstances that surround the individual project a very negative image. Politicians are prone to involve themselves in deception and scandal, inflicting hardship and difficulty to continue their way of life. When will famous politicians realize that they are not above the law? Listed are ten Famous Politicians of 2009, as you can see, 2009 did not break this vicious circle.
- Senator Barack Hussein Obama a Chicago, Illinois Democratic State Senator was elected as the 44th President of the United States on November 4, 2008. President Barack Hussein Obama was sworn into office on January 20, 2009. President Obama was born on August 4, 1961 in Honolulu, Hawaii.
- Senator Joseph Robinette Biden, Jr. a Delaware Democratic State Senator was elected as the 47th Vice President of the United States on November 4, 2008. Vice President Joseph Robinette Biden, Jr. was sworn into office on January 20, 2009. Vice President Biden was born on born on November 20, 1942, in Scranton, Pennsylvania.
- Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton a New York Democratic State Senator was sworn in as the 67th Secretary of State of the United States on January 21, 2009. Senator Clinton was born on October 26, 1947 in Chicago, Illinois.
- Senator Edward Moore Kennedy a Massachusetts Democratic State Senator, known as “the lion of the Senate” died of cancer at the age of 77 on August 25, 2009 after serving 47 years as a senator. Senator Kennedy was born on February 22, 1932 in Boston, Massachusetts.
- Sarah Louise Palin, served as the 11th Governor of Alaska from 2006 until she resigned in 2009. The Former Governor was born on February 11, 1964 in Sandpoint, Idaho, she was the youngest person and the first woman even elected Governor of Alaska.
- Marshall Clement "Mark" Sanford Jr., served as chairman of the Republican Governors Association. On June 24, 2009, Sanford resigned as chairman of the Republican Governors Association, after he publicly revealed that he had had an affair with an Argentine woman, María Belén Chapur.
- Milorad “Rod” Blagojevich, who served as a Democratic 40th Governor of Illinois from 2003 to 2009 was born on December 10, 1956 in Chicago, Illinois. On January 8, 2009, the Illinois House of Representatives voted to impeach Blagojevich, he was subsequently convicted and removed from office on January 29, 2009, by a unanimous 59–0 vote in the Illinois State Senate.
- Senator Roland W. Burris, from Illinois was appointed to the U.S. Senate in 2009. Senator Burris was born on August 3, 1937 in Centralia, Illinois. Senator Burris, a Democrat was first denied his seat because of certification issues.
- Governor Charlie Crist, a Tampa, Florida Republican as Governor since January, 2007, announced is bid for the U.S. Senate on May 11, 2009. Governor Crist served as Florida’ s Attorney General from 1992 to 1998. He was born in Altoona, Pennsylvania on July 24, 1956.
- Senator Al Franken, was formerly seated in the U.S. Senate on July 7, 2009. Senator Franken ran against incumbent Senator Norm Coleman, a Republican, Senator Franken had a slim lead after all the votes were counted, but appeals and objections by Coleman led to months of delays. On June 30, 2009, The Minnesota Supreme Court ruled unanimously that Senator Franken had received the most votes and deserved to be declared the winner.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
Emma Watson and Other Child Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hot
Throughout the Harry Potter film series, we've seen Emma Watson transform from a lovable child star into a burgeoning sex symbol. She's not the first actress to do so, and she cert ...
What Makes Men Attractive to Women
What women want—confidence, a sense of humor and abs.