You know it is the world's largest democracy, with a lot of people running for office, but can you name 10 famous politicians in India? When a nation has a billion people, being important must mean being very important. Here is a short list of the winners in the world biggest popularity contest; you probably already know who is number one on the list.
- Mahatma Gandhi Who hasn't heard of Gandhi? Everybody knows his political skills and non-violent ways led to him to become the father of India. He also looked a lot like Ben Kingsly, which is notable.
- Jawaharlal Nehru India’s first Prime Minister, he dedicated his whole life to protest against British rule in India.
- Indira Gandhi The first female Prime Minister of India, she lifted up the Congress and made a difference in politics with her bold speeches. On the other hand, she also oversaw the creation of India's atomic bomb.
- Rajiv Gandhi Another Gandhi. (Noticing a pattern?) By entering into politics at a young age, he made a tremendous mark.
- Dr. Rajendra Prasad The first President after India won its independence.
- Sonia Gandhi Next to Indira Gandhi, Sonia Gandhi stands at the top of politicians in India who have worked hard in uplifting the Congress Party.
- Atal Bihari Vajpayee A multi-faceted personality who was elected as the eleventh Prime Minister of India. With his elegant speech, he won the hearts of many people
- Dr. Manmohan Singh A man who maintains a reputation of good leadership by his service, has been elected Prime Minister of India before, and is again the Prime Minister today.
- Kamaraj By providing many facilities to the poor, he made a tremendous change in Tamil Nadu people’s life and became one of the ten most famous politicians in India
- M. Karunanidhi The chief minister of Tamil Nadu has been working throughout his life. By delivering his speech in a different way to the public, he has won the hearts the local villages in Tamil Nadu and achieved national fame..
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …