Want to know 10 famous quotes by actors? One thing is for sure: actors like to talk, especially about their craft. Many of those statements about acting make this list of 10 famous quotes by actors. From Charlie Chaplin to Johnny Depp, these well-known thespians shared their thoughts on performing and the industry.
- Groucho Marx . Not only is Marx considered one of the funniest actors of all time, he was very popular in Hollywood social circles. Ironically, Groucho’s musing on acceptance became perhaps the most famous quote by actors in entertainment history when he said, “I don't care to belong to a club that accepts people like me as members.”
- Johnny Depp. The most eclectic superstar, Johnny Depp, had many career highs and lows before becoming an international sensation in the “Pirates of the Caribbean” series. His advice to young actors makes the list of famous quotes by actors. Rather than worry about every rejection or bask in the glory of each success, Depp suggests, “I think the thing to do is to enjoy the ride while you’re on it.”
- Woody Allen. The notoriously neurotic actor-director once expressed a very uncomplicated viewpoint on success that deserves to make the list of famous quotes by actors, saying, “Eighty percent of success is showing up.”
- Charlie Chaplin. Silent film star Charlie Chaplin might have been a visionary when it came to his movies, but his not-so-insightful take on the industry makes the list of ten famous quotes by actors. Chaplin once said, “Movies are a fad. Audiences really want to see live actors on a stage.”
- Katherine Hepburn. Remembered as a tough but talented, no-nonsense star, Katherine Hepburn seemed to give herself and her co-stars less credit than fans gave her when she said, “Acting is the perfect idiot's profession.”
- Jane Fonda. Controversial for her personal politics, Jane Fonda’s talents onscreen were never in question. But her thoughts on the art of acting add a humorous twist on the craft to the list of famous quotes by actors. Fonda once said, “You spend all your life trying to do something they put people in asylums for.”
- Gene Hackman. Versatile movie star Gene Hackman summed up many actor’s deepest motivations in this famous quote when he said, “Dysfunctional families have sired a number of pretty good actors.”
- John Cusack. Actors like John Cusack accept the fame part of being a movie star reluctantly. The “Say Anything” leading man spoke of the downsides of fame in this famous quote, stating, “Celebrity is death. Celebrity, that's the worst thing that can happen to an actor.”
- Robert Redford. Legendary leading man Robert Redford is famous for a career’s worth of understated performances. Young talent can draw great inspiration from his contribution to the list of famous quotes by actors. If you want to deliver as consistently as he has, his advice is simple, “A lot of… acting is paying attention.”
- James Dean. The “Rebel Without a Cause” star died far too young, at the age of 24. His entry in the list of famous quotes by actors is chillingly prophetic, “Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you’ll die today.”
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
What Your Jeans Tell Her About You
You might be little spoon or perhaps a Belieber. Or, if you’re lucky, one popular country star.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
8 Things All Guys Should Stop Doing by Age 30
You're a man now, dog.