Do you know these t10 famous quotes from “The Godfather?” “The Godfather” is an award-winning gangster film trilogy that chronicles the fictional Italian-American Corleone family. The original 1972 film, starring Marlon Brando as the “don” of the organized crime dynasty, spawned sequels in 1974 and 1990.
Some of the greatest gangster movie quotes of all time come from “The Godfather" original film. Here are ten of those memorable quotes and movie lines.
- “For justice, we must go to Don Corleone.” As he talks to Don Vito Corleone (Marlon Brando), Bonasera (Salvatore Corsitto) mentions saying this to his wife, after a judge suspended sentences for two boys involved in his daughter’s attack.
- “May their first child be a masculine child.” Luca Brasi (Lenny Montana) shares this blessing at the wedding of Vito Corleone’s daughter. The famous quote has been referenced in other films, as well, including the 1995 remake of “Sabrina.”
- “Ah, that little farce you played with my sister. You think that would fool a Corleone?“ Michael Corleone (Al Pacino) questions Carlo Rizzi (Gianni Russo), after he betrays the Corleone family by his involvement with Barzini and Tattalgia people. “Don’t be afraid,” Michael reassures, saying Carlo is simply “out of the family business.”
- “All right. This one time I’ll let you ask me about my affairs.” Michael says these last lines to Kay Adams (Diane Keaton), his long-term girlfriend and eventual wife. She wants to know about his affairs, asking, “Is it true? Is it? Michael answers with a simple “No.”
- “Fredo, you’re my older brother and I love you. But don’t take sides with anyone against the Family again. Ever.” Michael clears things up with his brother, after Fredo Corleone (John Cazale) sides with his friend, Moe Greene (Alex Rocco), a man not necessarily friendly with the Family.
- “Do I have your loyalty?” This is a question Vito Corleone poses to Peter Clemenza (Richard S. Castellano), when the later asks permission to start his own family. “Do you have faith in my judgment?” Corleone asks. “Yes, always Godfather,” Clemenza tells the Don.
- “Mikey, why don’t you tell that nice girl you love her?” Clemenza asks Michael about Kay, after Michael ends a phone call with her, obviously embarrassed to declare his love. “I love you with all-a my heart, if I don’t see-a you again, I’m a-gonna die,” Clemenza coaches Michael.
- “In Sicily, women are more dangerous than shotguns.” This memorable quote from “The Godfather” is attributed to a character named Calo (Franco Citi). Calo serves as a bodyguard for Michael during his travels to Italy.
- “Do you know how naïve you sound, Michael? Presidents and senators don’t have men killed.” Kay shares this response with Michael when he remarks that his father is no different than other powerful men. “Oh, who’s being naïve, Kay?” he asks.
- “It’s not personal, Sonny. It’s strictly business.” Last on the list of ten famous quotes from “The Godfather” is the ffamous line from Michael Corleone. It pretty much sums up the philosophy of the Family and their way of doing things. The quote is also referenced in the 1998 film, "You've Got Mail"
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.