The ten famous quotes from Marilyn Monroe showed there was an insightful soul wrapped in the body of the blonde bombshell. Marilyn Monroe's famous quotes were as memorable as the hottest woman on the planet gave was herself, and gave out a bit of advice and candor for a woman of her stature. These famous quotes are remembered also as an insight into Marilyn Monroe as she rose to fame in so many great films from "The Seven Year Itch" to "The Misfits." Marilyn Monroe is the most recognizable actress that ever lived and though her life was short, she said many things that continue to captivate her admirers. Here are ten famous quotes from Marilyn Monroe—just think of that sultry voice speaking to you.
- "Dreaming about being an actress, is more exciting than being one." A look into the Norma Jeane Mortensen underneath the shell of the famous Marilyn Monroe. This quote clearly shows the toll fame took on her throughout her career in the spotlight.
- "Before marriage, a girl has to make love to a man to hold him. After marriage, she has to hold him to make love to him." Marilyn Monroe's marriages with famous men such as Arthur Miller and Joe DiMaggio obviously affected her. Sadly, these ended in divorce due to her career.
- "Hollywood is a place where they'll pay you a thousand dollars for a kiss and fifty cents for your soul." Marilyn Monroe's harsh insight to the industry was evident in this quote. She vocalized the price paid to be someone as famous as she was during the '50s.
- "I have feelings too. I am still human. All I want is to be loved, for myself and for my talent." An intimate look showed a need to be acknowledged as a person and not simply a sex object. Here was Norma Jeane Mortensen emerging peeking out of the bombshell.
- "I don't know who invented high heels, but all women owe him a lot." Marilyn Monroe often revealed a sharp wit during her interviews. It was her versatility that won her acclaim in comedy as well as drama.
- "I knew I belonged to the public and to the world, not because I was talented or even beautiful, but because I had never belonged to anything or anyone else." A startling revelation from Marilyn Monroe related to her stardom in relation to her private life. Her public and private life had now become a seamless persona instead of one she could own for herself.
- "No one ever told me I was pretty when I was a little girl. All little girls should be told they're pretty, even if they aren't." Marilyn Monroe related this little bit of her childhood. Here was another inside view of the screen legend as she grew up in those formative years.
- "Sex is part of nature. I go along with nature." Marilyn Monroe always played to her image as a sex symbol. This quote established her keen awareness of her sex appeal.
- "If I'm a star, the people made me a star." Marilyn Monroe never hesitated to acknowledge the people who watched movies and appreciated her talent. She showed a humility than often times wasn't apparent with many of her peers.
"It's not true that I had nothing on. I had the radio on." Again, classic wit from Marilyn Monroe is displayed by this quote. It's no surprise that she landed so many roles during her illustrious career.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Types of Tattoos Women Love
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.