If you're new to hp hop culture, you'll want to memorize these 10 famous rap quotes. Essential and useful at any hip hop party, these quotes have stood the test of time, and you'll come to find that they are referenced in various areas of pop culture.
- “It was all a dream/I used to read Word-Up Magazine.” Most Hip-Hop connoisseurs know this famous rap quote from the Notorious B.I.G. Classic, “Juicy.” This famous first line became popular during the first season of P.Diddy's “Making the Band,” in which contestants had to memorize the entire first verse.
- “I met this girl when I was 10 years old/and what I loved most she had so much soul.” Common's classic single, “I Used to Love H.E.R.” features this famous first line. This rap quote gained even more popularity after the song was featured in the the 2002 film, Brown Sugar.
- “With my mind on my money/and my money on my mind.” Tha Doggfather, also known as Snoop Dogg expressed his laid-back attitude on the hook of his second single, “Gin Juice.”
- “To the hip hip hop you don't stop.” This quote comes from the 1979 single, “Rapper's Delight” by rap trio The Sugarhill Gang. The single is most famous for both popularizing Hip-Hop in the United States and making the term Hip-Hop popular for referring to the newly developed art form of rap music.
- “Don't push me cause I'm close to the edge.” This famous rap quote is from the hook of the 1982 Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five classic, “The Message.” The entire song is the first rap song ever to be added to the United States National Archive of Historic Recordings
- “Cash rules everything around me/C.R.E.A.M.” This Hip-Hop acronym from “C.R.E.A.M.,” the first single from the Wu-Tang Clan became a 90's gangsta rap anthem.
- “I start to think/and then I sink into the paper.” Spoken by one of the most skilled emcees ever, Rakim's line from “I Know You Got Soul” has been recycled by other prolific rappers, such as Mos Def.
- “I'm gonna knock you out/mama said knock you out.” This famous rap quote comes from the hook of the single “Mama Said Knock You Out.” It comes sandwiched in between an LL Cool J barrage of lyrical punches.
- “All I wanna do is zoom-a-zoom, zoom, zoom and a boom boom.” No one is really sure what Teddy Riley was talking about on the hook of the Wreckx-N-Effect single, “Rumpshaker.” But with a little repetition behind solid production, this rap quote has become famous.
- “Shake whatcha mama gave ya.” This famous rap quote has been recycled many times by artists such as Ludacris and Lil Jon. However, it originally came from the rap group Poison Clan, on the single of the same name.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.