These 10 famous restaurants in New York City are still serving their tantalizing dishes in the same buildings where they first began. Whether the restaurant is in the famous Theatre District, or nearby, the famous restaurants have built a clientele that has endured through the years. Here are a few of the most famous restaurants in NYC.
- The '21' Club is a former speakeasy from the 1920’s that is still going strong today. The famous 21 Club has attentive service, excellent food, exceptional wine list, and prestigious clientele. Celebrities, entertainers, athletes, and executives are frequent visitors. There is a prix fixe menu available for lunch and dinner. '21' Club: 21 West 52nd Street, New York, NY 10019
- Former members of the Russian Imperial Ballet opened the Russian Tea Room in 1927. Through the years, actors, businessmen, and politicians have met at the restaurant to work out deals. The restaurant is located near Carnegie Hall. There are several specialty menus along with the regular menu. Russian Tea Room: 150 West 57th Street New York, NY 10019
- The Four Seasons fine dining restaurant has a celebrity clientele. It is one of the most famous restaurants in NYC to see and be seen in. A prix fixe menu is available for lunch and dinner. Reservations are highly recommended as far in advance as possible. The Four Seasons: 99 East 52nd Street, New York, NY 10022
- Sardi’s, an 82-year old restaurant, is located in the heart of the Theatre District. Sardi’s is known for the hundreds of caricatures of famous celebrities that decorate the walls. Sardi’s is where the concept of the Tony Awards was born. Specialty menus are available in addition to the regular menus. Sardi's: 234 west 44th street, New York, NY 10036
- The world-famous Carnegie Deli was founded in 1927 across from Carnegie Hall. The restaurant has been featured in movies, television, books, and magazines throughout the years and it is one of the most famous restaurants in NYC. The legendary sandwiches are huge. You will probably have enough to take home for another meal. Carnegie Deli: 854 7th Avenue, New York, NY 10019
- Gallagher’s Steak House in the Theatre District started as a speakeasy during prohibition. The restaurant serves dry-aged beef cooked on a hickory grill and is one of the most famous restaurants in NYC. Gallagher’s is a popular restaurant for celebrities, athletes, executives, and locals. There is a regular luncheon menu and a prix fixe menu. Gallagher's Steak House: 228 West 52nd Street, New York, NY 10019
- Over 100 years ago, Lombardi’s began as a grocery store and then became licensed in NY as America’s first pizzeria. The magnificent coal oven pizzas have a wide variety of toppings. The patio is available if the weather permits and take out is available. Lombardi’s Pizza: 32 Spring Street, New York, NY 10012
- Patsy’s has been serving Italian Cuisine in the New York Theatre District since 1944. Celebrities, tourists and locals enjoy one of the most famous restaurants in NYC. Patsy’s offers a wide variety of pastas, and of course, Patsy’s signature dishes. You will need to make reservations, especially on the weekends. Patsy's: 236 West 56th Street, New York, NY 10019
- One of the most famous restaurants in NYC is Hurley’s. Hurley’s, located in the heart of New York City's Theatre District, began as a speakeasy in 1892. The restaurant survived prohibition by renting out the front part of the building to Greek florists. Reservations are required. Hurley's: 232 West 48th Street, New York, NY 10036
- For over 30 years, Le Cirque has been offering a delectable French dining experience. Le Cirque offers a prix fixe menu. Reservations are required and should be made as far in advance as possible. Le Cirque: 151 East 58th Street, New York, NY 10022
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.