Feel the need for speed with these 10 famous “Top Gun” movie quotes. “Top Gun” was one of several movies in the ’80s that shot Tom Cruise to stardom. Even though Tom Cruise has gone a bit daffy as of late, we can always watch “Top Gun” and throw out one of the ten famous “Top Gun” movie quotes and remember the days when Tom Cruise wasn’t weird and we had dreams of being a fighter pilot.
- “I feel the need. The need for speed.” Perhaps the best of the ten famous “Top Gun” movie quotes. Maverick and Goose break this line out when they’re getting ready for one of their first missions as fighter pilots. Few things were as cool as Tom Cruise and fighter planes back then.
- “Goose, it’s time to buzz the tower.” Not only is this one of the most famous “Top Gun” quotes, it’s also one of the most famous scenes in the movie. After politely asking for permission to fly by the tower and being denied, Maverick and Goose take matters into their own hands. Being a badass with the balls to buzz the tower is what make Maverick awesome and why this is one of the ten famous “Top Gun” movie quotes
- “The son of a bitch cut me off.” This quotes makes the list of the ten famous “Top Gun” quotes because it’s a sentiment that works just as well on the freeway as it does in the sky.
- “You’re everyone’s problem. That’s because every time you go up in the air you’re unsafe. I don’t like you because you’re dangerous.” This famous quotes marks the first of many conflicts between Maverick and Iceman. The tension between the two characters is so intense, it’s palpable, making this a great scene and a great quote.
- “This gives me a hard on.” Wolfman uttered this gem of the ten famous “Top Gun” quotes while watching training videos of planes being shot down. It’s such a random thing to say that it became one of the funniest lines in the film. We like to throw this famous “Top Gun” movie quotes at equally inappropriate times.
- “Take me to bed or lose me forever.” The is the only line of famous “Top Gun” movie quotes that isn’t from one of the pilots. It’s one of the few lines that Goose’s wife, Carolm gets in the film. When Goose and Maverick are home on leave, Carol wastes no time letting her husband know what’s on her mind. It walks the fine line between sweet and sexy so well that we’ve been dying for a woman to say it since the day we were kids.
- “You can be my wingman anytime.” This makes the list of our ten famous “Top Gun” movie quotes because it solidifies the new friendship between Maverick and Iceman and ushers in a happy ending.
- “Goose, Whose butt did you have to kiss to get in here? The list is long but distinguished.” This quote makes our list of of famous “Top Gun” quotes because it’s a snappy comeback that works in a million different situations.
- “The Defense Department regrets to inform you that your sons are dead because they were stupid.” This is one of the ten famous “Top Gun” quotes not only because of its dark humor, but because it’s something we imagine the cops will say after a night of drinking.
- “I think I’ll go embarrass myself with Goose.” This is one of the ten famous “Top Gun” quotes because it ushers one of the funniest scenes in the movie before Maverick and Goose get up to sing karaoke.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
What Your Jeans Tell Her About You
Because for women, denim is truth serum.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”