10 Famous Wedding Songs are an important part of any romantic song repertoire. Whether one is getting married or not, they can be pulled out of the memory into an occasion. Listening to the 10 Famous Wedding Songs remind us they are famous for a reason. Love is a universal language and what better way to immortalize this than in a wedding song made famous by lovers.
- "Wedding Song:There is Love." This beautiful wedding song was written for Peter Yarrow of famed trio, Peter Paul and Mary, by Paul Stoogy. The profundity of the lyrics and simplicity of the accompanying acoustic guitar make it a favorite with many.
- "Let's Stay Together" by Al Green. Celebrated by many wedding services, this is one of the 10 most famous wedding songs. The lyrics "Loving you, whether times or good and bad, happy and sad" are reminiscent of the wedding vows, "Loving you in sickness and in health", and makes this a favorite.
- "Slide" by the Goo-Goo dolls. If ever there was a song about elopement, this would be it. "Put your arms around me, what you feel is what you are, and what you are is beautiful. Do you wanna get married? Slip away…" are some of the lyrics in this song.
- "I Got You, Babe" by married (at the time) duo, Sonny and Cher. Though shortly after this song's release, they themselves didn't have each other, that should not stop you from including this favorite in your wedding."I got you babe" is a classic and popular wedding song, deserving to be on the ten famous wedding songs.
- "We've Only Just begun" by the Carpenters. This song is played as many times at weddings as it is on the radio, which is why it is one of the 10 famous wedding songs . The Carpenter siblings, Karen and Richard, wrote this song which is reminiscent of the whimsical aspect of a wedding and honeymoon. "White lace and promises… A kiss for luck and we're on our way…"
- "Every Little Thing She Does is Magic" by the Police. This is one of the 10 famous wedding songs, thought it is less traditional than most wedding songs with its reggae flavor. The chorus inspires many couples on a wedding day. "I resolved to marry her some old fashioned way" is one of the lyrics in this song, and the song contains many more lyrics that sing of hopes for marriage.
- "Maybe I'm Amazed" by Paul McCartney. One of the truly most beautiful songs by McCartney. "Maybe I'm Amazed" is a soulful tune that belongs on the 10 best famous wedding songs. Truly timeless, and the instrumentals of the piano alone, are enough to make her say "I do."
- "Love Me Tender" by Elvis Presley. Believe it or not, some couples think it a hoot to dress as Elvis on their wedding day or get married in an Elvis shrine some where in the dregs of Las Vegas. Whether you are an Elvis fanatic or not, this song is a classic and no list of wedding songs would be complete without it.
- "Open Arms" by Journey. Steve Perry, the lead vocals on this song, is one of few rock singers who actually has an incredible voice. "Open Arms" is on the list of 10 famous wedding songs because the lyrics talk about intimacy in the sweetest way which is perfect for newlyweds.
- "Find One Hundred Ways" by James Ingram. This is a rhythm and blues invitation for a groom to love his bride one hundred ways. James Ingram's mellow voice makes it all easy to want to do or just include in your wedding soundtrack.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.