Curious about 10 famous women entrepreneurs? For years, famous women entrepreneurs have made great strides in business. And they’ve made a whole lot of money—in the millions—for their efforts. Some of these famous women entrepreneurs started companies from the ground up, while others inherited family businesses.
- Oprah Winfrey. Media mogul Oprah Winfrey began her career as an anchor in New Baltimore in 1976. She moved on to her own talk show in Chicago and her ratings skyrocketed off the charts over the years. She’s the first black woman billionaire.
- Jenna Jameson. Those familiar with the porn world know about Jenna Jameson. She’s only had about 50 movies, but she’s turned her popularity into a passive income business with books, cosmetics and strip clubs.
- Mary Kay Ash. Mary Kay Ash started her beauty product business after becoming frustrated with a business world full of men. She was a high-producing saleswoman who was refused promotions. So she went into business for herself, selling cosmetic products in a 500-square-foot store in 1963. Her company now makes more than $1 billion in sales each year.
- Beyonce. This songstress is a famous woman entrepreneur that has taken her singing fame and parlayed that into other business opportunities, including movies, clothing lines and commercial spots. Her net worth is about $300 million.
- Alice Walton. Walton is the daughter of Sam and Helen Walton, the founders of Wal-Mart. She has a net worth of $18 billion, making her one of the richest women in the world.
- Amanda Marcotte. Marcotte is a famous woman entrepreneur known for her blog on politics and feminism. Everyone took notice of her when John Edwards asked her to run his presidential blog.
- Ariana Huffington. If you’ve seen the news website "The Huffington Post," you’ve seen the work of Ariana Huffington. Huffington is an author and columnist. She’s one of the most successful female internet entrepreneurs.
- Madonna. Madonna has been entertaining people with her music since the early 1980s. Since that time she’s developed a clothing line to expand her portfolio. She’s worth about $325 million.
- Donna Karan. Karan is one of the leading designers in the world and one of the top women entrepreneurs. Her obsession with fashion from a young age led her into a high-profile fashion career.
- Jennifer Lopez. Lopez is another music industry woman that has diversified her brand. In addition to her singing career, Lopez has starred in a number of films and produced perfume and jewelry lines. Her net worth is more than $250 million.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Made Man Food Shows
We all love great food—and the people who make it! Our culinary video series introduces you to the country's best chefs and experts, so you can become one yourself. Pull up a chair …
We all love fine food—and the people who make it! Eats introduces you to those folks, taking you into the kitchens of all kinds of culinary luminaries. From BBQ to vegan, eco-frien …