10 Fashion Tips For Guys
When it comes to way that you dress and present yourself, consider trying out one of the following fashion tips for men. You don't have to go out and buy a whole new wardrobe, but you may want to make a few additions to the clothing you already own. Also, just consider wearing what you already have in a new way to look fresh and presentable.
- Purchase clothes that fit well. This fashion tip for men ensures that any new articles of clothing work well with your body type and size. It is important that everything you wear fits you well and looks like you have chosen the correct size.
- Spend a little extra on the basics. While it may cost a little more to shop at nicer men's clothing stores, this is the best place to get some of the basics. This includes: jeans, dress pants, a dress shirt, khaki pants, and a casual shirt. You can pair items you already own with these basics for a complete look.
- Find a great pair of jeans. When you shop for jeans, you need to make sure that you are getting not only the right size in the waist, but the inseam as well. Jeans should sit on the hips but not below and should be long enough to cover most of your shoes. Because there are so many different places to wear jeans, you need to have a pair that look good with a dress shirt as well as a t-shirt.
- You need different outfits for different occasions. You should not have a closet filled with multiple variations of the same outfit. You cannot wear shorts, a t-shirt, flip flops and a hat everywhere. You want to look different on the beach than you do on a date. Dress clothes are for dressier occasions and casual clothes are for weekend wear and laid back parties.
- While personal grooming may not seem like a fashion tip for men, it can make all the difference in how you look. Be sure that you keep your hair cut in some type of a style. Facial hair isn't bad, but it should be trimmed regularly. It should look like you put thought into it. Good grooming can make an old t-shirt and cargo shorts look better.
- Shoes should be changed based on the outfit. Fashion tips for men even extend into accessories. Be sure that you are changing shoes based on where you are going and what you are going to be doing. At the very least you need one good pair of casual shoes, one pair of dress shoes, and a pair of shoes good for working out.
- Outerwear needs to be fashionable too. It doesn't have to be a designer brand to look great. Choose a coat or jacket that matches the climate in which you live. It should fit well and be in a neutral color to makes sure you can wear it with almost anything.
- Be sure that you look age appropriate. You don't want to look like you are trying too hard to be young and you don't want anyone to think you are older than your true age. Don't always depend on what you see other people wearing. Find your own sense of style.
- Fashion tips for men are only good if you feel comfortable. No matter what you are wearing, you need to feel comfortable and relaxed. If you aren't, it will show through and take away from the style and look. Try a few new things out at a time and give yourself a chance to adjust. Then, move on to something else.
- The easiest fashion tip for men is to get out the iron. Check through the closet and see what items would benefit from getting a little heat to get rid of the wrinkles. You may have clothing that is already in style and fits well. Take these items, iron them and wear them out. They will take on a new look and give you some added confidence knowing that you spent a little extra time making yourself presentable.