If you’re a youthful guy and want to look pulled together and stylish, follow these 10 fashion tips for young men. It will take some effort and attention to current fashion, but it will be worth it when you get noticed for your polished look. These 10 fashion tips will help you get there.
- Wear clothes that fit. Oversized shirts or pants that are too tight can be distracting and make you appear to be trying too hard. If you can’t find something on the rack that fits, buy the size that fits the largest part of your body and have it tailored.
- Wear clothes that are suitable for the occasion. In other words, don’t wear an outfit to a job interview that you’d wear to a rock concert.
- Get rid of wrinkles. Iron your shirts and trousers or use a steamer. The rumpled look isn’t a good style for anyone, including young men.
- Keep your shoes polished. All the fashion tips in the world are pointless if your shoes are scuffed and worn out.
- Your belt should be in the same color family as your shoes. You’ll look more pulled together and fashionable.
- Wear dark socks with dress pants. Nothing looks dorkier or more out of fashion on a young man than white socks with a suit.
- Keep your underwear where they belong—under your outerwear. You can follow fashion tips ‘til the cows come home, but exposing your skivvies isn’t cool.
- A well made leather jacket is a must-have in any young man’s wardrobe. Nothing says confidence better than a man in a hot looking leather jacket.
- Every man needs a versatile blazer. Wear it with dress slacks and a button-down shirt or throw it on over a T-shirt and jeans.
- Find out what colors flatter you. Walk a wide berth around anything that makes you look sickly, fat or tired.
Even more important than following ten fashion tips, young men should exude confidence as they step out into the world. This is the time to enjoy being you.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…
Speakeasy: Jonathan Banks
The Emmy-nominated Breaking Bad star talks Beverly Hills Cop, Wiseguy, sitcom work and his new flick with Danny Trejo, Bullet. Oh yeah, a few Mike Ehrma …