For your next workout, put some zing into your step with these 10 fast songs to run to. With these songs on your playlist, you'll look forward to your runs. Nothing boosts your mood and energy like running to music with a lively beat. These great songs will make the miles fly by and keep the fatigue factor low.
- “Danger Zone” by Kenny Loggins “Danger Zone” from “Top Gun” will rev up your motor. One of the best fast songs to run to, it'll make you feel like one of the F-14 fighter jets from the movie. While running to "Danger Zone," you'll be in no danger of losing your motivation, even on a long run.
- “Rock This Town” by the Stray Cats You'll rock your run “inside out” while running to “Rock This Town.” It's a fun, fast song that will pick up both your pace and your mood. Even if you started your run feeling sluggish, "Rock This Town" will infuse you with get-up-and-go.
- “Great Balls of Fire” by Jerry Lee Lewis A classic of old time rock and roll, “Great Balls of Fire” is one of the best fast songs to run to. You'll be wowed by its beat and by Jerry Lee Lewis's skills as a pianist. This song will "shake your nerves" and "rattle your brain" with its pizzazz.
- “Love Shack” by the B52s Both offbeat and upbeat, “Love Shack” will pep you up while running and put a smile on your face. It's such a danceable song that you might want to work a few dance steps into your run.
- “Mickey” by Toni Basil The tempo of “Mickey,” one of the best fast songs to run to, will give you a run so fine it'll blow your mind. Your endorphins will flow and you might find yourself singing along: “Hey Mickey, hey Mickey!”
- “I Saw Her Standing There” by The Beatles “I Saw Her Standing There” is one of the best fast songs to run to. You won't be standing anywhere while listening to this catchy tune. This song sizzles with energy and so will you as you run.
- “Macarena” by Los Del Rio “Macarena” may have been a one hit wonder for Los Del Rio, but it's still one of the most memorable songs of all time. It's fast, it's fun and it's pleasantly silly. This song will make you downright hyperactive.
- “Head Like a Hole” by Nine Inch Nails A powerful song of defiance against materialistic values and injustice, “Head Like a Hole” has a driving beat that makes it one of the greatest fast songs to run to. It'll fire you up on all levels, contributing to a great run and giving you good food for thought.
- “Gonna Make You Sweat (Everybody Dance Now)” by C&C Music Factory There's no resisting the beat of this song. When you put it on your running playlist, you'll see why it was such a success in dance clubs. It demands that you get up, get moving and shake your butt.
- “You Shook Me All Night Long” by AC/DC One of the best fast songs to run to, “You Shook Me All Night Long” will pump you up on a run. Its hard rhythm and fast beat crackle with energy and it'll make you feel like you could run all night long.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
13 Things to Look Forward to in Your 30s
You’ve probably been told that your 20s will be the best years of your life. As someone in their 30s, I can tell you honestly that nothing could be further from the truth. Here are ...
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
14 Things to Look Forward to in Your 40s
The door is wide open to say and do anything you want. Such as the following...