10 Fast Sports Cars
If you feel the need for speed, you'll want to learn about these 10 fast sports cars. Envision yourself in the driver’s seat cruising down the highway in one of these super slick automobiles built for speed.
- SSC Ultimate Aero TT. American-made speed monster first manufactured in 2006 by Shelby Supercars. Considered the number one fastest production car in the world scorching the roads at 270 mph.
- Bugatti Veynron. Owned by Volkwagon Group, yes, the same company who constructed the timeless VW Beetle. Unbelievable, we know. Manufactured by Bugatti Automobiles in France, this sports car made its debut in 2004. Its top speed clocks in at a blazing 253 mph.
- Saleen S-7 Twin Turbo. American manufactured by Saleen, second generation of the Saleen S7 made its first public appearance in 2005. A tornado of speed topping out at 248 mph.
- Koenigsegg CCX. Swedish-made second generation to their CCR. The first production of this super car rolled out in 2006. At 245 mph, the CCX barely inches behind the Saleen.
- McLaren F1. Made in England by McLaren Automotive this exotic car produced a limited number of only 100 units. This rare speedster soars at 240 mph.
- Ferrari Enzo. You knew the Italians would make the cut. Only 399 units of the Ferrari Enzo were produced. Gorgeous to look at with a speed clocked in at 217 mph.
- Jaguar XJ220. British manufactured by Jaguar Cars, the Jaguar XJ220 is no longer in production with less than 300 models in existence. This luxury sports car taps out at 217 mph.
- Pagani Zonda F. Italian-made with a Mercedes Benz engine. This speedster is manufactured by Pagani with less than 200 units sold but currently still in production. It's top speed comes in at 215 mph.
- Lamborgini Murcielago LP640. This list wouldn’t be complete without a Lamborigini. Manufactured by Lamborgini in Italy and introduced to the world in 2006. This very popular super sports car races down the road at 211 mph.
- Porsche Carrera GT. German made and the most powerful production car ever made by manufacturer Porsche. Its top speed at a whopping 205 mph.
While these fast cars are priced at hundreds of thousands of dollars, speed comes at a cost. But to dream is free. Sweet dreams.