10 Fastest Muscle Cars
Are you wondering about the 10 fastest muscle cars? A V8 is merely the beginning of what a car needs to be defined a muscle car. High performance vehicles must also be intended for street use with an affordable price tag. Many variations have been incorporated into the term muscle car.
- 1997 Dodge Viper GTS - 12.05 in 116, 6 speed. This car is the exception to the V8 engine car. The standard engine has an 8.0 liter and a V10 with 525-horsepower. Yet, it is classified as a muscle car, and the fastest muscle car to date.
- 1966 Shelby Cobra 427 - 12.20 in 118, 4 speed. This has Carroll Shelby's (with Ford's assistance) V8 engine with 425 horsepower.
- 1991 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 - 12.8 in 113.8, 6 speed. This is an has an all-aluminum 5.7 liter with 32 valve engine.
- 1966 Chevrolet Corvette 427 - 12.8 in 112, 4 speed (in the 390 hp). A 425 was also created for this outstanding muscle vehicle.
- 1969 Plymouth Road Runner - 12.91 in 111.8, 4 speed. This car has a 440 horsepower engine with three two barrel carbs.
- 1997 Pontiac Hurst/Firebird - 12.99 in 103.11, automatic. The only automatic in our line-up, this Pontiac has 350 horsepower.
- 1970 Plymouth Hemi Barracuda - 13.10 in 107.12, 4 speed. This muscle car boasts a 426 street hemi with 425 horsepower. It goes from zero to 60 in 5.6 seconds
- 1992 Dodge Viper RT/10 - 13.1 in 108, 6 speed. Its first generation has a V10 engine and a 7.986 liter. This is another exception, yet this Viper is also classified as a muscle car.
- 1970 Chevrolet Chevelle SS 454 - 13.12 in 107.01, 4 speed. This car's standard equipment included a V8 engine with 450 horsepower. It went from zero to 60 in 6.1 seconds.
- 1969 Chevrolet Camaro - 13.16 in 110.21, 4 speed. The COPO had two options, the 425 or 430 horsepower.