10 Favorite Party Songs
If you need a great soundtrack for your get-together, try these 10 favorite party songs. These well-known tunes are sure to bring a familiar vibe to your party, spreading smiles and toe-tapping fun with everyone’s favorite melodies.
- “Celebration” Kool and the Gang No one was fooled when Kool and the Gang named their 1980 album “Celebrate!” The most prominent song was pretty obvious. In the years since its release, this song has become a favorite for any type of party. It’s sure to get everyone dancing.
- “Thriller” Michael Jackson As one of the most successful members of our favorite party songs, this tune was an unstoppable force when it was released in 1983 on the album of the same name. Everyone loves this party song and watching people try to perform Jackson’s accompanying dance moves is always a good time.
- “You Shook Me All Night Long” AC/DC The dictionary definition of a power rock track, this party song has been a favorite since its release on the album “Back In Black” in 1980. The song’s appeal spreads across many different personality types, as it’s the perfect mix of rock opulence and melodic pop safety.
- “Shout” The Isley Brothers Enduring and timeless, this favorite party song dates all the way back to 1959. It’s a nonstop barrage of upbeat call-and-response musical quality, sure to keep everyone at your party bouncing and smiling.
- “Brick House” The Commodores Before Lionel Ritchie turned into a sappy pop crooner, he was helping to churn out influential funk on 1977’s “Commodores.” As an ode to the heavenly curvature of the female form, this party song is a favorite among women who love to dance and the men who love to watch them.
- “Footloose” Kenny Loggins Everyone loves Kevin Bacon and it’s hard not to picture him when you hear this 1983 song from the “Footloose” soundtrack. As far as upbeat, danceable pop songs go, you can’t do much better than this perennial favorite. It’s sure to be a real party pleaser.
- “Macarena” Los Del Rio Our ten favorite party songs take a cheesy turn with this 1995 tune from the “Fiesta Macarena” album. The song itself is pretty lame, but that’s what makes it such a great party tool. After the initial groans, most people will find themselves immersed in the accompanying dance, laughing all the while.
- “Mony, Mony” Billy Idol Deciding to cover this 1968 song from Tommy James and the Shondells was the smartest thing Billy Idol ever did. With its irresistible rhythm and gritty melody, his 1981 version from the album “Don’t Stop” has become a favorite party song for people across the globe.
- “Gonna Make You Sweat (Everybody Dance Now)” C+C Music Factory People can’t help but obey the instructions in this 1990 party song from the album “Gonna Make You Sweat.” A house music standard, the song has become a favorite in the resulting years since its release, thanks to a steady dose of danceable rhythm and smart rhymes.
- “Y.M.C.A.” The Village People We can’t help but smile when we think about this 1978 party song from the album “Cruisin’.” In spite of its unconventional subject matter, the song and its resulting dance moves are a party favorite that spreads across cultural and social lines.
Posted on: Jan. 31, 2011