These 10 female blonde famous athletes have proven they are more than just a pretty face. Many of them are record holders in tennis, golf and softball and while some are known to flaunt their beauty, they are some of the greatest athletes to play in any sport. Whether they are winning gold medals or national championships, these blonde athletes prove they can win while still having fun.
- Chris Evert – Chris Evert won her first Wimbledon title at the age of nineteen, the first of three victories at the event. She also won titles at the French Open, US Open and Australian Open. As of 2010, Evert holds the record of seven French Open titles and her .900 winning percentage is the best of all time, male or female.
- Jennie Finch – Jennie Finch earned three All-American honors while pitching at the University of Arizona. In 2002, she set the NCAA record with 60 consecutive victories. She went 2-0 in the 2004 Summer Olympics to help the U.S. win the gold medal. The female blonde famous athlete is retired from active competition as of 2010.
- Shawn Johnson – Shawn Johnson is an artistic gymnast who won a gold medal at the 2008 Summer Olympics as well as the all-around silver medal. In 2009, Johnson became the youngest winner of the television show “Dancing With the Stars” at the age of seventeen, clinching her spot as one of the female blonde famous athletes.
- Anna Kournikova – Anna Kournikova became a female blonde famous athlete not because of her tennis skills, but because of how she looked playing the game. She reached the fourth round of the US Open at the age of fifteen and the semi-finals at Wimbledon at the age of sixteen. As of September 2010, she only reached the finals of a tournament four times in 130 attempts.
- Heather Mitts – Heather Mitts is a professional soccer player who has won two Olympic gold medals over her career. The female blonde famous athlete appeared in the 2005 “Sports Illustrated” swimsuit issue and has served as a commentator for ABC and ESPN over the years. She married NFL quarterback A.J. Feeley in 2010.
- Kristi Leskinen – Kristi Leskinen is an American freestyle skier. Leskinen has worked to bring female freestyle skiing to the public forefront. In her first U.S. Open showing, she was the only female in the Big Air event and only one of a small amount of females to run the pipe. In 2004, forty female athletes competed in the event.
- Natalie Gulbis – Natalie Gulbis is a professional golfer who plays in the LPGA. She won her first tournament at the age of seven. She became an All-American at the University of Arizona and turned pro after only one year at the collegiate level. This female blonde famous athlete won her first LPGA tournament in 2007.
- Maria Sharapova – Maria Sharapova became a professional golfer at the age of fourteen. She has won 22 titles since that time including three Grand Slam singles titles in 2004, 2006 and 2008. The WTA ranked this female blonde famous athlete No. 1 in the world four times as of September 2010.
- Gretchen Bleiler – Gretchen Bleiler is an American halfpipe snowboarder. This female blonde famous athlete became a professional at the age of fifteen and won more halfpipe competitions (three) than any other female as of September 2010. She is also a four-time X Games halfpipe gold medalist.
- Lauren Jackson – Lauren Jackson is an Australian pro basketball player. At the age of sixteen, she was the youngest female ever selected to the Australian national team. During the 2000 Summer Olympics, she had 127 points, 67 rebounds, 23 blocked shots and twelve steals. She played for the Seattle Storm in the WNBA.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…
We all love fine food—and the people who make it! Eats introduces you to those folks, taking you into the kitchens of all kinds of culinary luminaries. From BBQ to vegan, eco-frien …