10 Fiji Scuba Diving Tips
Don’t miss these 10 Fiji scuba diving tips to help you enjoy your scuba diving adventure in Fiji. Scuba divers come to Fiji to experience wonderful diving moments in Fiji's many spectacular diving sites.
- Fiji is known for islands that are great for scuba diving. In order to find the best diving site, it is recommended to look for a diving company that could help you in the selection of the site to dive according to your preferences.
- Look for a company that is a reputable Fiji scuba diving operator. This will ensure that they have the liabilities in taking you to your scuba diving destination safely and operate with proper regulation. This is important when you want to undertake the best Fiji scuba diving experience as they can take you to some destinations that are available only for duly licensed Fiji scuba diving operators.
- Determine your diving experience. Some diving sites are quite too deep and rough for newbie divers. Make sure to let your dive guide know about your scuba diving experience although they would usually ask that when deciding which diving site is suitable for you.
- You can book your Fiji diving adventure anytime of the year. The tropical climate in Fiji makes it an excellent place for diving all year round. But you may want to consider avoiding the peak season, which is usually in the summer.
- Avoid rainy seasons in Fiji. This is usually between the months of November and April, although rain does not really come frequently because of Fiji’s tropical climate. It is best to check for weather updates on the dates when you plan to go scuba diving in Fiji. The best seasons for Fiji diving are between May to October.
- Take note of these notable diving sites in Fiji. Your dive guide may not take you to these wonderful diving spots that you should not miss. Visit Taveuni for its underwater garden of corals; Kadavu Island where you can find the Great Astrolabe Reef, the largest organism in Fiji; Beqa Lagoon, one of the best lagoons in the South Pacific; and the Wananavu Beach Resort known for its black coral trees.
- Plan your Fiji diving trip. It is best to have everything ready before you arrive there. Make your booking in a resort that offers the best scuba diving guide and services for your convenience. Find out about the different diving spots where they take their guests and compare it with what other resorts offer.
- Make sure you have enough diving experience. This will ensure that you can enjoy all of the diving sites you will visit. Each dive spot in Fiji has its own characteristics that are not suitable for all divers.
- Check all your diving apparatus before diving. Although your dive guide will probably ensure that all your equipment is in good condition before the dive, it is most prudent to check it yourself too for your own safety.
- Don’t forget to bring the video camera. It is guaranteed that a Fiji scuba diving offers spectacular underwater views that you would want to document for remembrance. With wonderful coral reefs and aquamarine life to see from varieties of diving sites, you cannot resist but take pictures and video to keep for a lifetime.
Posted on: Jan. 19, 2011