10 First Wedding Anniversary Gifts
It's been said that the first year of a marriage is the hardest, make things easier by purchasing one of these 10 first wedding anniversary gifts. Traditionally, the gift for the first wedding anniversary is paper. The more accepted modern version is plastic, and an alternative is a clock. Paper itself is obviously boring, so to keep things interesting and impress your significant other by using these ideas.
- Keep things romantic and write a love letter. It doesn't have to be equal to Shakespeare, but a few quotes from the masters here and there wouldn't hurt either. You can personalize it even more by incorporating some of her favorite flowers or including a weekend getaway.
- A favorite book makes a great gift for a first wedding anniversary. Books last for a long time and are very personal. Even with this being the digital age, books hold a sentimental quality.
- Wood furniture or art is another way to hold true to the traditional "paper" theme of a first wedding anniversary. Solid wood lasts a very long time, and can easily become an heirloom piece.
- A memory album is a thoughtful gift for a first wedding anniversary. A quality album can last for years to come and can store pictures from the early years of your marriage.
- Plane tickets to go on a second honeymoon are a great gift for your first anniversary. Relive the excitement and enjoy some time together to celebrate the first year of your marriage.
- Kitchen appliances are a nice choice if you want to go the modern route for your anniversary. Add some romance by cooking dinner together, or cook dinner for her.
- Adult gifts and sex toys are another non traditional gift for your first wedding anniversary. However, you may want to choose a gift that isn't technically plastic. Silicone is considered safer than plastic as it can be completely sterilized and is non porous.
- CDs and DVDs also fall into the modern category of plastic for your first anniversary. Make an ordinarily unromantic gift more thoughtful by giving a CD containing the playlist from your wedding reception or a DVD of your ceremony.
- Clocks are another modern gift for the first anniversary. There are many possibilities here, they can be personalized, antiques, or of the novelty variety. They key is to make it personal and thoughtful.
- Watches are an alternative to the modern clock anniversary gift. The advantage of a watch over a clock is they pass for jewelry and can be engraved with your wedding date or other messages.